My laddo - nearly 4 months on

sammyb

Sep 19, 2007
Nottingham
Hallo everyone. It seems ages since I was writing here. Slowly but surely my laddo has made some improvements. He continues to lie in a darkened room all day and with no noise at all. His occupation is doing absolutely nothing at all!! He is now able to feed himself although his staple diet remains weetabix, sugar, milk and fortisips - nothing else at all. He is now able to wash his face (but no chance of getting him in the shower yet!)and he is starting to potter about a little bit upstairs although only to the loo and back. I can't push him to improve, it all comes from him when the time is right for him - it is almost as if something clicks in his brain. It was wonderful the day he suddenly took the bowl of weetabix from me and started to feed himself. I went downstairs and cried! It seems there might be a secondary diagnosis coming in - post operative cognitive dysfunction - which would account for the dramatic change in him from before the operation and his slow improvement in some things. It seems operations aren't very good for people with underlying AD. His speech is coming back well, depending on the time of day, and sometimes he can be witty again which is lovely for me because I do miss that side of him. His memory has improved too. He's had a cold recently and that set him back again but overall an improvement. However, when the sun goes down it is always pyjama time so I look forward to summer when he might not go to be until 10pm. Tucked up snuggly under his duvet at 5.30pm just doesn't seem quite right!

Love from Sammyb

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Sammy,
So nice to hear from you and your news about your laddo.
Lets hope he continues daily to surprise you and make you very happy with each achievement he is able to do.
Love to you both
Christine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sammy, so wonderful to hear from you again. I'm so glad your laddo is making progress.

All credit to you for your care and patience. You are a star.

Love,

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Well done Sammy,from the bsound of it you are feeling a bit better about things.a big improvement for mi lado,and i sincerely hope he continues to improve.am thrilled for you both.love elainex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elbazcat