my introduction to myself

earth angel

Apr 29, 2010
walkden manchester
hello , my nan was my best friend, she passed away nine years ago now, she had altheimers, i lived abroad for 20 years in tnerife, came back to the uk five years ago, i have been working in a care home with dementia and altheimers no for a year, also in honor of my nan and also because the elderly have always been very special to me probably because of my nan,i love my job and i love the people in the home they are all like grandparents to me each day i try to understand wht is happening with their minds and try to comfort them and make them laugh, my aim is to help their lives be comfortable and happy the best i can.l:)

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hallo and welcome to Talking Point (TP) earth angel :)

I'm sorry you lost your nan to this awful disease and it's good to hear you have such a worthwhile job in caring for the elderly. I hope you get a lot of support and knowledge from TP. xx

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
hi and welcome my mam as dementia only just been diagnosed i too is thinking of going to work with Alzheimer's as its made me realise i could get a lot of satisfaction out of this !!

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hiya,

Welcome to TP.

I am sorry to hear about your nan.

I think it is lovely the carer you have chosen, and I am really glad that you enjoy it.

Love
Michele
xxx