My husband in emi nursing home

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
Hi

It's over 2 years since I last posted something. My husband now has to be supported by 2 carers and is very very slow tottering now I gave him his lunch in the dining room and we sat there for awhile and then suddenly his whole body started shaking but by the time the nurse came he had stopped shaking . Has anyone come across this before I just wondered is it an escalation of memory loss or should I ask for a doctor to be called out . My husband is in stage seven of the decease
Thanks

Pon

katie1

Aug 5, 2014
Kendal Cumbria
Hi

It's over 2 years since I last posted something. My husband now has to be supported by 2 carers and is very very slow tottering now I gave him his lunch in the dining room and we sat there for awhile and then suddenly his whole body started shaking but by the time the nurse came he had stopped shaking . Has anyone come across this before I just wondered is it an escalation of memory loss or should I ask for a doctor to be called out . My husband is in stage seven of the decease
Thanks

Pon
I think this does need a medical investigation or at least a discussion in case it happens again and you have some kind of advice on how to deal with it!
By the way what is stage seven of the disease? I don't know anything about numbered stages?

Thanks

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi

Thanks

Pon

This is one of the symptoms of UTI, though, of course, it could be something else. Probably best to alert the staff and ask for the GP to be called. HTH xxx

Pon

Dec 11, 2011
wales
My husband is in an emi nursing home

Thanks for your comments I thought he didn't look well so it maybe a uti. I'll check with the nursing staff to see if they think a doctor should be called to check him out.
stage seven is the final stage of alzheimer's at least I'll feel better if a doctor is called

Thanks again

Pon

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi Pon, it could also be an epileptic seizure which is quite common in the later stages of dementia. Either way, I agree that it needs the GP to check it.