My husband has FTD

Tanzicat

Mar 30, 2020
My husband has Frontal Temporal Lobe Dementia now known as FTD and previously known as Parks disease.
Diagnosed 4 years ago he can no longer speak, read or write.
He falls over a lot and spends his days endlessly sitting down watching tv, which worries me.
I have to cut his food up because he is prone to choking but apart from that he can still shower and dress and toilet himself.
What I find so hard is the loneliness. I feel guilty for even saying it because it must be so much worse for him as the back of his brain still works and he knows what is going on.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good morning @Tanzicat and welcome to the forum.

I’m so sorry to read about your husband. Please don’t feel guilty - easy for me to say I know .

I hope that being part of this forum helps a little with the lonliness. There’s always someone here to listen and suppport.

Keep posting.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My OH is the same, so I know what you mean about lonelimess. I find chatting on here a good way of filling that gap, although I still yearn for the days when OH and I could have proper conversations. TBH, I am not sure that OH is actually aware of how I am feeling - he seems quite content in his silent bubble scrolling though his android tablet and watching TV