My husband has been diagnosed with dementia

suzieQ3

May 29, 2018
My husband has been diagnosed with dementia
Or Alzheimer
He seems fine most of the time but he has been exhibiting inappropriate sexual behavior
This seems to run in a cycle. Is that normal ?

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Welcome to TP @mariebutler22

Sorry to hear your difficulties.

Have you talked to anyone? Doctor or CPN? I realise that it’s a different subject to raise and probably easier here on line rather than face to face..
But I think it should be in his notes for the future..

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @mariebutler22
and welcome from me too
not such an unfamiliar situation as other members have written of similar issues, so you are not alone by any means and it will be worth having a mooch around to maybe find their threads
sometimes a tweak in meds can make a difference, so do have a chat with your GP and let them know how this is affecting you

suzieQ3

May 29, 2018
hello @mariebutler22
and welcome from me too
not such an unfamiliar situation as other members have written of similar issues, so you are not alone by any means and it will be worth having a mooch around to maybe find their threads
sometimes a tweak in meds can make a difference, so do have a chat with your GP and let them know how this is affecting you
I did talk to neurologist and was prescribed a medication for those times

suzieQ3

May 29, 2018
When I went to the Neurologist about the above episodes she gave us a medication to take during those times. He was given a mri of frontal lobe of his brain. It came back consistent with Alzheimer’s.
Is it normal for people with Alzheimer’s to seem perfectly normal most of the time, confusion some times, but not all the time.
Is this the usual, for the problems to run in cycles?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne2024