My husband as Alzheimer's

Mrs Christine Selby

Sep 17, 2021
My husband Peter was told just over 2years ago I find that he is getting harder to care for everything I do for him is never enough, he won't go to rest bite and give me a break. I very like my mental health is coming to a breaking point,.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hello and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. You will find a lot of support and information from people who have been through similar experiences. I hope that like me you will find the help you need to see you through these difficult times. Have a good look around and keep posting when you feel the need to seek support or just to vent your frustration.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to the forum. @Mrs Christine Selby. Just to add to what Jennifer suggested, would your husband accept someone coming in to help with his care or someone coming in to take him out somewhere so you can get a few hours to yourself. I know it's not the same as respite, but both have helped me through the last few years.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband Peter was told just over 2years ago I find that he is getting harder to care for everything I do for him is never enough, he won't go to rest bite and give me a break. I very like my mental health is coming to a breaking point,.

Hello Mrs Christine Selby.

Please contact the Dementia Connect Helpline

Support line opening hours:​

Monday to Wednesday9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday10am – 4pm
*Calls charged at standard local rate