my grans not well shes in hospital

Ann-marie

Dec 24, 2006
my gran was supposed to be coming home on sunday........yes turday dinner the social worker rang to say we might have to postpone bringing her home for a couple of days as she was unwell .......i went to check on her myself.....when i got to the home she was totally non responsive ........her sister was there so i told her i wanted her out of there ..........the manager wanted her out as in her words she was draining there resources..........my gran has been like this for 3 days .....they said they rang the gp and he refused to come out to her even thou they told him she needed to be admitted to hospital because she was dehighdyted he the gp diagnosed over the phone and he said he did feel the need to have her admitted ......well we took her out and brought her home and i called an ambulance from here and they took her straight to casualty.....the paramedic said we should of called the ambulance straight from the home ......when i got her here i changed her into her pjs while we waited for the ambulance ......i really cant believe the state shes in ....shes got pressure sores she has lost so much weight that shes all skin and bone she looks like an anorexic shes got a chest infection .....the hospital are not sure if shes had another stroke or a bleed on the brain shes having a cat scan tonight .......according to the home shes not eaten or drank anything for 3 days but from the state of her i think its longer than that......she really is ill and the home just left her sitting there in a chair ...........im just hoping she pulls through.......even the doctor at the hospital said i did the right thing

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Ann Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your gran. You obviously did the right thing.

My thoughts are with you, please let us know how things progress.
Hopefully gran will be a lot more comfortable in herself now she is having the necessary attention.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Ann-Marie

I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran. It's so upsetting to find that our loved ones have been neglected. I do hope she gets the care she deserves in hospital.

Yes, you did the right thing. You couldn't have left her in that state.

Let us know how she gets on.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Ann Marie,
What an ordeal for you and your poor gran. You really did the right thing to help her and it`s good she`s now being looked after properly.
Please let us know the CAT scan results. We will be thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Love Sylvia x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Ann Marie

Looks like you've always done the right thing by your gran ..... at least just for now she is in the right place to get the attention she needs and deserves.....

Love, Karen, (TF), x

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
How awful Ann Marie - for you and your Gran

We put our trust in these homes to take care of loved ones - it's always sad to hear when this isn't the case.

I do hope the hospital take good care of her.

Libs

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I am also sorry in what has happen to your grandmother , what a nightmare and thank –god you turn up and did the right thing . sound disgraceful the way they have treated her , hope its all clear with the CT scan and its all down to the dehydration . yes at lest now your grandmother will get the care she could of got in the first place

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Ann Marie
This is awful for you and your Gran
Please let us know how she gets on
Love Wendy xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member