1. paris07

paris07 Registered User

Jul 11, 2007
    australia
    Hi All,
    I am going to be a Grandma again!!!!!:D
    Also I asked for a weekend respite and I got it!!!!:D

I have 2 children (boys) aged 33yrs and 30yrs and 1 grandchild 17months old now she is to have a brother or sister. we are all very happy.

We plan on going to see our son and wife and granddaughter for the weekend of 8th September.They live 3 hours drive away and they always come to visit us never us to them.

Mum has been walking a little more but is still angry , not eating very much, and still very weak ,Mum doesn't mind us going for the weekend as she knows the respite carers and she likes them. I feel happy about that. They come to our home and look after Mum 24/7 . Hubby and I are looking forward to a little time away together.

Best wishes to all,
    paris07

2. elaineo2

elaineo2 Registered User

Jul 6, 2007
    leigh lancashire
    Hi Paris,congratulations and best wishes to you all.Have a lovely time with your family.Your mum will be well looked after.Just enjoy the time toghether.Congratulaitons again.love elainex:)

3. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    It is lovely to share your good news!! Well done for the respite and congratulations on anticipation of new baby.

Thanks for sharing this with us - we need it.

Best wishes Becyjan :) :) :)

4. cris

cris Registered User

Aug 23, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Congratulations and we can tell by the way you write, with a beam, that you are elated.
    It's lovely to read. Enjoy yourself

cris

5. barraf

barraf Registered User

Mar 27, 2004
    Huddersfield
    Good News

Well done Paris on organising respite, and congratulations on a second grandchild.

It is good to know that your mum likes the respite carers, it means you can enjoy your weekend with an easy mind.

I hope you both enjoy and benefit from your short break from the responsibilty of continuous caring.

Cheers Frank

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Congratulations Paris, and thank you for sharing your good news. I imagine you want to tell the world. :)

Have a wonderful week-end, secure in the knowledge your mother will be well looked after. What a lovely break you will have after all the upset you`ve been living with.

Love xx

7. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Congratulations on the new family member Paris! I hope the weekend visiting the family next week goes well. Enjoy!!

8. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Hi Paris

Congratulations and i hope you enjoy your family visit.

Love Alex x