My first Friday morning

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I had my first Friday morning Crossroads sit today 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. (it will soon increase by 1 hr. when the sitter gets another hr). It was the best morning that I have had for absolutely ages.

It started by the hairdresser coming at 9 a.m. and she was gone by 10.15 a.m. I went straight out to the market to look at plants and to generally amble around. I then decided to go to a wonderful garden centre where I had a lovely look around and then sat outside watching the baby animals there and had a coffee. I felt completely relaxed and the only thing that would have made it nicer would have been to have shared it with my friends:)

I left Alan and the sitter with a lunch so I didn't even need to bother doing a lunch when I got back. I think I will arrange this regularly because it makes it less stressful. Alan had a good time and when I got home they were both relaxed outside on the patio.

I bought some lovely plants and have already posted pictures of them in the garden group and my album:)

I love this continental weather.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Helen..

Sounds idyllic....:D

I'm so pleased that this has worked out for you...and that you made the most of the time available..for you.

I'm away to the gardening group now to look at these plants...:D

Make the most of this continental weather..it may rain tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sounds idyllic

yes it does .

I felt completely relaxed and the only thing that would have made it nicer would have been to have shared it with my friends

I know what you mean.

If only I lived closer :D

My friend works full time now , so we only meet up now then , during the day when she has a day of work, when she not to tried .

Anyway glad you shared it with us :)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Good to hear all this Helen!!! :):):)

Your 'full of joy' post has already made me feel better. Off to the gardening section now before my family arrive for the weekend.

Love Jan

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
Nice for you to be able to get out and just do your own thing Helen, Crossroads sounds great but I dont think there is one here, I've looked on there map and it says none in Barrow in Furness.
By4now Lynn

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Helen,

Reading your post has just relaxed me and made me feel much more upbeat. Thank you!!:D

It's lovely to hear that you had a great time and that Alan also enjoyed his time with the carer.

I hope you get more of the same often :)

Vonny xxx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Iam so pleased for you xxx

Helen you so deserve your free time and Iam so happy that it was such a nice experiance for you, your post has cheered me so much.

I think Crossroads are the cats pajama's too ( Mum has two Ladies starting next week on Monday & Thursday for two hours per day. Iam at work fulltime and this gives me great piece of mind XXX)

Love & hugs xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
It was wonderful to read that not only did you get a break, but that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. :)You must have real confidence in the carers.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan