My first Christmas

Frederic H

Apr 1, 2015
Devon
To all the other carers who like me may be facing up to our first Christmas with our O/H in a Nursing/care home -Enjoy it if you can !
I will spend Christmas day with my O/H. She is unaware of what time of year it is.even with Christmas trees all over the home it means nothing.
She can talk but little, struggles to walk, they have now provided a wheel chair and her main desire in life is to sleep.
All this carolling and chat about Christmas being a time for families just makes me weep internally and sometimes externally !
yes I will go and see my family on Boxing day but I am not enjoying this time of goodwill to all atall!
Happy Christmas to fellow talking pointers :)

lesley1958

Mar 24, 2015
Bristol
I understand Frederick. I am finding Christmas very diffcult this year. At home ill today and can't even bear to listen to Classic FM because all the Christmas music makes me sad and angry. Not sure why or with whom! Wishing you strength.

Lesley

Greycardi

Sep 26, 2015
Dear Frederic, I know what you mean. Christmas has turned upside down for me and Mum as well. It seems blighted by all the bad events recently. I am trying to search my mind for nice Christmas memories involving my Dad, and be extra kind to people myself. The window cleaner got an extra large tip this year! I am keeping a tiny door open to Christmas spirit and maybe in future there will be happy Christmases again.
Don't give up hope. We are thinking of you.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I also know what you mean. The first Christmas with one's other half in a care home is difficult, emotional and sad. To say the least. Thinking of you.

Loo xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Second christmas in a Care Home

Hello Frederic, this will be my second Christmas in the CH with my husband, he doesn't no its Christmas, l try to think of all the lovely times we have had with family and friends, we can not change the way life is now, l quite enjoy being at the CH, l have got attached to the lovely carer's and residents, as long as l am with my husband l am happy. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow. Its only a few days then all will be back to normal.