my fathers anger

woody 63

May 30, 2015
hi i wanted to know if my fathes continuing anger towards things is aaaimed at me for good reasons or if he is having or showing issues he is showing these actions almost on a monthly period and nothing seems to set him off or upset him he just explodes in to an angry mood and will not discuss why this will last a week or ten days things then calm down then when you think its all ok it happens again my mum cant work it out either and he refuses t see it as aproblem

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hell Woody and welcome to Talking Point.

My husband was constantly agitated and angry. His consultant said it was because of his frustration of loosing his skills and most days being in a 'Foggy' place where nothing made sense however hard he tried. It must be very hard and frightening for someone with dementia.

Please use the forum to help you deal with the problems and behaviour that dementia, in it's many forms, causes and hopefully you will get advice to help and support you.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
hi i wanted to know if my fathes continuing anger towards things is aaaimed at me
....... Hello and welcome to TP.

I can only pass on one bit of advice about this problem....unless your Dad has always treated you in this manner, do not, under any circumstances take it personally.( Yeah I know nice words:rolleyes::rolleyes:) It will be down to his Dementia and asking him not to act in this manner is a nice idea but totally impossible to enforce.
Dementia is not and will never be an illness that can be controlled in a rational manner, so try diversion rather than asking him to stop. If Dad is agressive and you cannot get the topic changed, leave the arena rather than drawing further attention to yourself. It's called self preservation in our house:D

woody 63

May 30, 2015
dad

....... Hello and welcome to TP.

I can only pass on one bit of advice about this problem....unless your Dad has always treated you in this manner, do not, under any circumstances take it personally.( Yeah I know nice words:rolleyes::rolleyes:) It will be down to his Dementia and asking him not to act in this manner is a nice idea but totally impossible to enforce.
Dementia is not and will never be an illness that can be controlled in a rational manner, so try diversion rather than asking him to stop. If Dad is agressive and you cannot get the topic changed, leave the arena rather than drawing further attention to yourself. It's called self preservation in our house:D

i was trying to find out if this sudden anger towards people is a symptom of a type of dementia as it is only this last year or so that we have noticed it .I am in a situation where mum and dad had invited me back home after becoming homeless after a divorce but now it seems i just cannot get thru a month with out him going thru this he has also driven away my other brothers and sisters they have nothing to do with him now and he is even now becoming nasty to my poor mother , he was prescribed anti depressants to help him but his reaction to this is and i quote him I DONT NEED THIS TYPE OF THING I AM OK PEOPLE WHO USE THESE TABLETS SHOULD JUST PULL THEMSELVES TOGETHER .i am now in the process of moving out i cannot handle these monthly blow ups from him he doesnt see he is becoming a lonely old man with nobody who wants to be around him