My Father

American

Jul 15, 2003
Mississippi, USA
My father was diagnosed with Demethia three years ago. We do not know if anyone else in either family had it. As far as we know, no one else has. I am really concerned about having inherited this dreaded disease. Should I be tested? I get scared everytime I go to do something and my thought or action leave my head as quickly as it comes. I am having a really hard time with this. It is like forgetting the little things. Sometimes it comes back to me and sometimes it doesnt. Should I be concerned? I have one sister and one brother. Thank you for your anticipated responses.

JustAndy

Jun 28, 2003
South coast, UK
Hi there,

I understand your concerns. Have you had a look at the factsheets on website site here?

This one appears most relavant.

I'm sure it must be hard, but do try and keep things in perspective, we all do dumb things sometimes, we all forget things from time to time, especially when we are worrying about stuff. I've found I've become a lot more forgetful (or maybe just more aware of it) since my mothers problems have come to light.

I hope this helps, take care, :)

Last edited:

American

Jul 15, 2003
Mississippi, USA
Thanks

Thank you for replying to my post. My father has been diagnosed with having "Early Onset". He is only 62 years old and was 59 when diagnosed. That is why I am so "oh my goodness" about the whole genetic thing. If you need to talk or anything, You can email me at bond39553@aol.com. And once again, THANKS!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson