my father died six years ago, the funeral still bothers me.

lushr

Sep 25, 2020
this is completely insane @Wildflowerlady and it sounds like you have good perspective. it’s possible your sister is just trying to regain control in a difficult emotional situation, but she seems so unaware of herself and the effects of what she is doing, and it sounds like it has gone on a long long time.

being an executor is really damn hard and i think people under estimate it. there are things i still haven’t settled for my dad or mum… i think mums been paying pet insurance for a year that she has had no pets…

and the health stuff for you, it IS a big deal. you have to worry about long covid and none of us is getting any younger.

i know these things will eat at you for a while. little comments on every aspect of your life. but once you close the door that final time, try to build new memories, see friends, go somewhere eith your partner… just refresh, and try to find joy, to make up for the frustration and anger.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Thank you @lushr you are very kind. I wish you well and don't worry the paperwork will all get done, just work your way through and perhaps allocate one or two bits at at a time until completed. ?

lushr

Sep 25, 2020
oh i’m going to ignore it till i run out of money…. i’m not coping with my own **** rn, never mind my parents ****