My Experiences With Hospitals

Georgek1

Jul 24, 2020
I apologise for my adverse reaction towards hospitals.
My mother was 92 yrs old at the time and happened to fall in her kitchen and had pressed her panic support button for assistance. Prior to that; I had been living with her for 65 years in the same house.

Mum was whisked away in an ambulance and had dehydrated at A&E causing her kidneys to dysfunction requiring medication.
Her X-ray showed negative and under normal circumstances anyone else would have been allowed home.

Unfortunately in my mother's case, her home care package became dissolved and the hospital were trying to put her into a care home.
Of course most will say that a person cannot be forced into a care home but they can.

With my mother they had gone deep into her medical history to when she had a fall ten years previously and had dislocated her hip, never having been told by the hospital.

The hospital refused to let my mum sit in a wheelchair and insisted that she must die in bed. I am afraid that the medical profession is not what it seems because most of the time they lack common sense. They call it a 'DUTY of CARE' but in all cases it is just a robotic way to protect themselves should my mother sustain a scratch or a bruise and before readers will say that I have a grudge against the medical profession, I do have my reasons.

My mother had been quite happily walking up and down the stairs with her walking stick and even unblocking the drains the day previously.

The argument is that had my mother broken her back then by lifting her up at the scene could have killed her. Agreed but that is not the full story.

Moving back to the point, I was told that if I dared place my mother in a chair that I would be prosecuted. So I took pictures of her, happily eating her dinner in her chair and all hell broke lose with the NHS.

I had been made a condemned man as falsified data was placed in my mother's medical history which they had refused to issue to her at first. Claiming that I was a safeguarding concern and not to be allowed to either be told about my mother (this is in writing) and that I should not be trusted by having a scrupulous reputation I assume for having disagreed with them about my mother's welfare.

There is no way I could ever do court duty or work in certain sectors because my mother's medical history is also a legal document with full condemnation without ever being prosecuted.

'Dark shadows still roamed in the corridors' after she was whisked out of her bed and placed in an interim care home so saying for her physiotherapy. Another ploy after later investigation proved that there was no physiotherapy and they were giving her mental capacity tests one after the other under different names so that they could take her over. The care home manager was shocked after checking his notes to find that after her 12 week stay she was being put on PATHWAY 3 to a care home.

My mother then sought PoA in both financial and Health and Welfare by promoting me with the aid of solicitors and witnesses. It was cancelled anonymously after which I had made applications to Social Services who later interviewed my mum and reinstated it.

To bring you up to date, my mother has now lost her mental capacity after about 4 years bit just prior to this, we went to check on her at 04:00 in the morning to find her door locked from the inside. Mysterious care workers were there on suspicious circumstance. The following day she was gone. We thought she had died without even a note to tell us anything. Her empty wheelchair, bed and hoist were just idle having been provided by Social Care against NHS validation. Her bed was DISMANTLED for obvious reasons as to never come back home.

Before folks praise this PoA let me tell you, that it is just a little bit better than a useless piece of paper. The PoA will only allow them to talk to you, which they had done with me. I found them very good at this lower level.

What had actually happened was that my mother was delirious after she was visited at 04:00 in the morning by these strange people.
Of course her blood pressure was raised and the medic who came on the scene sent her to hospital.

Her blood pressure proved 80/140, good heart beat and NO underlining problems apart from some problem with her kidneys perhaps her age? No diabetes, cancer apart from dementia which I accept.

My mother refused to eat or drink at the hospital and there NOW was concerns at this lower level about her being better off at home.

Even at this point, the PoA was a strain as they started picking on her bed being dismantled saying that it required checking by the Red Cross. Totally untrue as they confirmed to me. Was also told that the people who visited mum were from the Carers Trust. Again untrue.

All the PoA cn do is allow me a say. The NHS can override any of this by :
1) Duty of care
2) For the best interests of the patient.

Argue with any of this and it makes you a concern through which the NHS can have you removed by claiming guardianship.

The Covid 19 pandemic also means restrictions on hospital visitations and the biggest problem that if the ward becomes infected, I would have to be quarantined for 14 days never mind the devastation in the ward.

Fortunately they are allowing my mother back home as her condition is now a lot worse with weight loss. They have prescribed drugs which I do not feel that especially Morphine is not in my mother's best interests especially as she hates medication. Avoiding medication is what has kept her in excellent physical health for 94 years.

Disagreeing with the hospital could be dangerous because they could seek a way to remove her from her home again.

Most reading this post will feel shocked, it is not meant to be so. I would advice readers to think twice before placing a loved one in another establishment as to only do it if absolutely necessary.

Especially to be told that I should shut up and let the nurses have their 'chin-wag'is most distressing and a failure to the belief and well being of the system.

I know this is not what readers like to hear, but if all is fair and members are entitled to their points then this is all I have to say about it.

George

Last edited by a moderator: