My early onset dementia is going fast and don't know what to do

Tovah

Jul 22, 2015
I am early onset and I seem very, very confused today. Is that to be normal with this? Am I on a sliding into dementia which is worse than it's ever been? Can you tell me of your experiences please?

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I am early onset and I seem very, very confused today. Is that to be normal with this? Am I on a sliding into dementia which is worse than it's ever been? Can you tell me of your experiences please?

Hi Tovah

Sorry you're having a particularly bad day today. I have had symptoms for 5-6 years now (I lose track) and sometimes I go through phases where everything is much worse but then I seem to equally have phases where my symptoms improve quite a bit. Whilst I am nowhere near pre symptom functioning I do manage better on the whole as I learn to accept and adjust to a new way of life.

I hope this confusion passes for you and you will feel much better tomorrow.
Best wishes
Sue:)

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Can i just suggest that if you still feel confused tomorrow you just check that you do not have a urinary infection - an infection does affect very much how you feel. It may not be but it is always worth checking x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Can i just suggest that if you still feel confused tomorrow you just check that you do not have a urinary infection - an infection does affect very much how you feel. It may not be but it is always worth checking x

Fizzie's made a really good point Tovah. I know these are exactly the sort of things I can't work out for myself when I am worse than usual and such a prompt is exactly what I need to enable me to get things checked out. When you are more confused its harder to look after yourself and do the right things, like drinking fluids to try and help keep infections at bay.

Take care:)

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West

Hi I can relate your being confused I was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s 16 years ago this month the problem for me in the beginning for me I knew my strengths and weaknesses and was beating myself when I was having difficulty with my strong subjects and realized the harder I tried the worst it got so I soon learnt to go with the flow and it doesn't necessarly go that fast but there again we are all different

Last edited:

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Fizzie's made a really good point Tovah. I know these are exactly the sort of things I can't work out for myself when I am worse than usual and such a prompt is exactly what I need to enable me to get things checked out. When you are more confused its harder to look after yourself and do the right things, like drinking fluids to try and help keep infections at bay.

Take care:)

Hi Tovah, Do you feel a bit better today or are you going to consider a visit to your GP?
Thinking of you x

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Hi Tovah

I hope things are better for you today.
When I first tried to read your post I was having a bad day; total confusion. It is so depressing that you are more helpless than a baby.
Today I am much better, but can't type properly. You couodnt imagine how many times I'm having to correct things.
I was diagnosed 18 months ago and some days (actuallt minutes and seconds) are better than others. Yesterday my wife took me to visit our son so we could choose and buy a watch for his birthday with him. I think I probably spoiled the day for both of them and me too, but I have only a very weak memory of it.

Unfortunatley you will have better and worse days (or minutes and seconds) but it is worth checking out the infection as others have suggested.

I hope things are better today.

Regards

John

Tovah

Jul 22, 2015
Thank you to all who sent their kind words

So, this is what happened:

I just plum forgot that I was part of this forum. I accidentally came upon my own entry and was so happy that I belong here.lol.

So, when I first wrote, it was about 2 months ago.

My memory loss appears to be progressing quickly.

It's the worst when I'm on the phone or go to a new place.

I had a doctor's appointment today and things were very confusing and I left without making a new appointment, which my Dr. said for me to do.

I can only drive about a mile from my house. I don't trust myself anymore.

I really just wanted to thank all of you who reached out to me and NOW I KNOW that I'm here.

Tovah

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi being confused doesn’t necessarily relate to dementia epically if what it is confusing is something new to you that happens to everyone I have learnt over the years not to worry about it these day I don’t remember I forgot anything no point in beating yourself up just move on