My dearest husband has passed away

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by di65, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Hazara8

Hazara8 Registered User

Apr 6, 2015
    Whilst the one you love has gone, the anxiety, uncertainty, perpetual feelings of hope which as a constant part of one's daily life, tell on you even within the subconscious __ dissipate. You come to genuinely celebrate the fact that the one you have long cared for, is free of pain and all that dementia entails. Yes, that initial loneliness is very strong, seemingly an emotionally debilitating companion which feels like it will remain so forever. But it does not. A holiday will provide a different environment, a chance to breathe in refreshing air. Of course wherever one goes, you carry yourself with you and your thoughts also. Dementia intensifies relationships like nothing else and when the journey ends, the part of the relationship which has gone leaves it's other part hanging in a strange limbo. The world around you goes on regardless. So the two bereavements often spoken of do occur and feel all the more poignant when relating them to the Care Home. Those visits become a norm and a powerful norm too. It is no surprise that their cessation is profoundly affecting. I do hope the holiday affords moments of peace and reflection which inform you as to.the positive truths which are a genuine source of deep comfort. And we know that there are many, many people who contribute here, taking the same journey, shedding the same tears, bidding farewell to a loved one afflicted with dementia, and who understand. Such is the nature of dementia that it engenders such expressions of humanity and open discourse, all of which can but only afford the open respect and humility we find on here at TP. Warmest wishes

2. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    My condolences on your loss, @di65 .

3. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Thinking of you di65 xx

4. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    ((((((Hugs))))))

5. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    My lovely husband died on the 26th May. He had Dementia for 11 years. The last two years he was in a home. I know what you mean. The thought that I can't ever go and see him again is painful. I know he is out of the dementia hell so who would want him still here when he can be at peace. There had to be an inquiry into his death because it was unexpected. So his funeral on 3rd July, will mean we have had a very long wait to put him to rest. I do not know how I will fill all the hours without the visits to see him. I understand how you feel.xx

6. JaxminMe$100

JaxminMe$100 New member

Jun 21, 2019
    My thoughts are with you

7. di65

di65 Registered User

Feb 28, 2013
    new zealand
    #27 di65, Jul 20, 2019 at 2:24 AM
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 2:43 AM
    Thanks everyone for your condolences ❤️❤️

8. Caz60