My dear wife.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Dear Gringo

Every word of your beautiful poem speaks eloquently of the love you and your wife have for one another.

Bless you - may you have peace as you face this very difficult time. xx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Gringo, l feel for you so much, no matter what happens true love shines through everthing. My hubby worships the ground l walk on, on a good day he still tells me he loves me, he is tormented with this awful disease, but love still shines through, bless you

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
Oh Gringo, it never seems to end does it? Sending you all my hopes for a peaceful and pain free way ahead.
Phil

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
Right then! Shutting my mind to the future and putting aside all sad thoughts, I’ve got the box of chocs and the bouquet of red roses and I”ll be going to the Valentine’s dance at the Care Home. But the most important thing I’ll be taking will be the card, This card is the one I sent (in 1950) to my then girl-friend. She, being a thrifty Yorkshire girl, kept it and it has appeared each year since. Only think how much money we’ve saved!

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks for sharing this Gringo. You not only saved a lot of money but I would imagine that the card meant more to each of you at each Valentine's Day. By now it must be so precious.

Last edited:

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Right then! Shutting my mind to the future and putting aside all sad thoughts, I’ve got the box of chocs and the bouquet of red roses and I”ll be going to the Valentine’s dance at the Care Home. But the most important thing I’ll be taking will be the card, This card is the one I sent (in 1950) to my then girl-friend. She, being a thrifty Yorkshire girl, kept it and it has appeared each year since. Only think how much money we’ve saved!

An absolute fortune saved!
She's a girl after me own heart.

She has a real Valentine.

Through thick or thin, in sickness and in health...love to you and Mrs Gringo x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
As if her life was not difficult enough, the threat of cancer has reared it’s ugly head again. I just want to bring her home and shut the door on this pitiless world. I wish I were able to that, I’m sitting here, ashamed, helpless and useless, muttering the most dreadful obscenities.
She saw the best in everyone, me most of all, never a bad word about anybody. When she walked into a room she spread happiness around her. I took it all for granted. I should have been on my knees every night blessing my extraordinary good fortune.
Now she is a shell, frightened, not knowing who she is or where she is. It breaks my heart to see her and I want to stay away and not have to witness this, but I can’t.

I'm so sorry. *Can* you bring her home? Has she had enough, do you think?

The one thing that comes through in your message is something about you, something you might not think about often, but it's there, gringo - you chose so very well. You chose a brilliantly generous and loving woman, and what is more, *she* chose *you.* There's a love story there, a deep deep one, and your gratitude for her presence in your life is palpable.

I hope that things improve for her and for you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How wonderful to have that first card Gringo. How very very precious. Wishing you both well. x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
A very special Valentine Gringo.
My first one from Dave is in a box with other things I have kept but I haven't seen it for many years. How wonderful to revive that first one every year. If makes it so very special and meaningful.
I hope tomorrow is as special for you in its own way.x

P.s. Perhaps I should find that card, instead of trying to ignore the date and all the memories that it brings, even if it does bring tears. Thanks you Gringo.