my darling wife

oldfella

Nov 26, 2012
somerset
My wife was taken into a mental health ward 3 weeks ago, since she has been in there her personality has changed beyond recognition, she was always so calm and quiet and I have never heard her use any sort of bad language, but now she is aggressive constantly swearing at everyone especially me and her youngest daughter who was her carer while I went to work, she tries to dig her nails into my hands and screams. It is so upsetting to hear and see her. She is supposed to be coming home this weekend and I'm desperate to get her home, I'm actually dreading it. I guess I'm hoping that she will return to the wife and mum we know she was.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Old fella , I don't know what to say ...I hope everything turns out ok xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
My husband was a nightmare in hospital, shouting, swearing calling the nurses, pulling his catheter and other tubes out and calling me for putting him there, but he soon returned to near his former self once he got home,

I hope your wife does as well,

Best wishes Jeany x

oldfella

Nov 26, 2012
somerset
My husband was a nightmare in hospital, shouting, swearing calling the nurses, pulling his catheter and other tubes out and calling me for putting him there, but he soon returned to near his former self once he got home,

Best wishes Jeany x

Its good to hear that your husband has returned to some sort of normality and long may it last, it gives me hope that my wife possibly will.

Thanks Jeany

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool

Best wishes Jeany x

I had similar experience with my husband in hospital, not quite violent but very agitated and extremely assertive verging on aggressive. All calmed down once he was home. Hope your wife responds to being back in familiar surroundings Oldfella.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Leswi

Jul 13, 2014
Bedfordshire
Mum has only spent one day and night in hospital and she changed beyond recognition. Once home she reverted to her old self. It is mixture of strange unrecognisable environment, unknown people added to the equation I think.