my darling mum has died

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by marchbank, Dec 26, 2009.

1. marchbank

marchbank Registered User

Jun 5, 2009
    thank you so much for your kindness

well i'm a day on and the beginning of my new world is scary. my mum will be such a big miss especially to myself and my daughter who seemed to be so in tune with her. your words of kindness are heartfelt and to all of you out there with estranged family i so feel for you. i spoke to my nephew who i am close with today and just told him that they will never know where i had to go to to care for their gran or their mums mum and then said i probably will never give him the details as it was my sorry our journey, what i will not tolerate is to stand judgement by any estranged member on the day i finally lay my mum to rest. ha listen to me i am the strong one just now, just wait for a week or month oh well i'll heal when i'm ready i just have one last thing to do and that will close my chapter. it has been some road with highs, lows, tears, shouts, laughter boy so much laughter and pride. i am still so proud i could burst and how special is that.
    my daughter would like to pay tribute to my mum on the site i speak about so here she is my gran was a amazing gran and when she died it hit me i feel so spooked around my house know i dont even like going into her room yet i grew up with my gran for 11 years and we did everything together where ever she went i did too and although she had demensha it was as if she didnt because i made it feel like she was a normal gran and i always took my gran for granted because she was my only gran i didnt have any papas too on the day she died there was something not right about that day even before she died i was up and down to that room all day because i had this awful feeling telling me to check her i checked her 10 minutes before she died my mum and dad didnt even have to tell me i knew by there reaction i was shocked and scared i didnt want to see her been taken out of the house in fact i dint want to be even in the house so i went away to my mums good friends and i spent the night but then when i was coming home i didnt want to i wanted to come home for my family but nothing else because it had a bad memory so when i need to talk to someone i just go to my mum because i am really close to her and i get a good long cry about my gran and any questions ive got i ask my mum and she helps me to understand them i dont know what id do without my mum and my gran but now ill need to learn to live with the fact that my grans not her at my house but she is here in a way from carrie age 11 thanks for listening to me get my grief out. how cool is that from my baby thankyou from the bottom of our hearts for listening yours gratefully marchbank and my adorable carrie. x

2. marchbank

Jun 5, 2009
    thank you from both of us

my daughter and myself have written a thankyou because we are upside down just now it's not a new thread it's from my one i told you all of my mother dying. we don't know how to move it and as you can see the time is late and we're tired. we just didn't want you's to miss it as your messages meant alot to us. thankyou.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I have moved it for you. xx

4. marchbank

Jun 5, 2009
    so sorry for your loss simon

simon my thoughts are with you and your family at this time. take care. marchbank x

5. hazytron

hazytron Registered User

Apr 4, 2008
    SOUTH LAKES
    Marchbank and Simon
    Sincere condolences to you both at this very difficult time.
    Kindest regards
    Hazel

6. Perdita

Perdita Registered User

Jun 22, 2009
    Suffolk, Uk
    Marchbank, Carrie and Simon, so sorry that I don't really have the words, just hope you all have good memories that will never fade of your loved ones:)

7. Heather777

Heather777 Registered User

Jul 24, 2008
    Bristol
    To both Marchbank and Simon I offer my condolences. It is a hard road that you have been on but death is not the end. As time passes you will remember the times of joy mingled with the times of sadness-sometimes you will smile and sometimes you will cry but in all of it I pray that you will be kind to yourself and allow yourselves time to grieve.

Many have travelled this road yet each one is unique. Be blessed with peace as you come towards a new year and a new chapter in your lives.

Heather

8. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Simonmonty and Marchbank

Sending sincere condolences on your losses.

May you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Christine

9. Matt's mum

Matt's mum Registered User

Jun 25, 2009
    South wales
    My condolences to you both god bless.
    ally xx

10. simonmonty

simonmonty Registered User

Nov 22, 2008
    Yorkshire
    Marchbank

I dont think i have to say to much because i think we have been and are going down a very similar road and having to deal with our so called missing families That are now coming out of hiding Im thinking of you and your daughter and the ones that cared. Simon

11. Prague09

Prague09 Registered User

Jul 22, 2008
    essex
    feeling empty

So sorry to you both. Its the feeling of being empty, sad but alo being thankful that the loved care for one is free from that dreadful condition.
    Yes you do need to rebuild your lfe but that will come naturally.

Bless you both.

Prague

12. marchbank

Jun 5, 2009
    simonmonty same goes

simon hope you are doing ok our thoughts are with you what is it they say one day at a time. x

13. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    I have already sent condolences to Simon, so the same to you Marchbank. I think you were prepared, but nobody is prepared. Tell yourself that you did everything that you possibly could which you know is true.

Much love

Margaret

14. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Carrie, you sound like a very mature, caring grand-daughter. Be sure to remember that you made a big difference to your gran's life, and love and remember her forever.

Margaret