My darling husband is slipping away

Jane.B

Dec 7, 2007
Hampshire
Since his fall nearly 6 weeks ago Rupert has declined very steeply, it's as though he doesn't want to get better. For the last two days he has been unable to swallow anything, and has now been precribed a pump driver which will deliver diamorphine to him over a 24 hour period. He has been very sleepy for some time now, but does seem to know deep down when we visit as he is still able to grip our hands very tightly. They say that he will get more and more sleepy. He is in our small local hospital, and I have nothing but praise for all the nurses and carers, who are all so wonderfully caring and I have the suport of three lovely daughters.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Jane,

Sorry to hear about Rupert...

I'm so pleased that he is well cared for ..

My heart goes out to you and your daughters..and Rupert...

Hoping that Rupert remains peaceful....

Sending you all love....gigi xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Jane:
It saddens me to read your post. How dreadful to have to cope with all this and we know it could be one of us at anytime.

Thankfully you have lovely daughters to support you. Please let us know how things are. Prayers, thoughts and everything going for you at this time.

Love Jan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jane, it must be so very hard for you to see Rupert in this condition.

Look after yourself whilst you are still doing all you can for your dear man. Love n'hugs

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Just to let you know I too am so sorry to hear of your darling husband's deteriorating condition. Having a most valued husband of my own in the throes of this disease, I can see the deep sadness in your post. It is good that you are at least consoled in this time of trouble by the good nursing he is getting and your family who are supporting you.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jane

I'm so sorry to read that Rupert is deteriorating. It's a sad time, and one that many of us are dreading.

Please take comfort that Rupery is being well cared for, and that your friends here on TP are with you.

Love and hugs,

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Jane

So sorry to hear about Rupert's decline, I hope he is at peace and not in any pain.

Hope that you and your daughters are coping okay and trying to get some rest.

Thinking of you at this sad time

Lots of love
Janet

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Jane

I am so sorry Jane that your Rupert has gone into a decline. I send love and best wishes to you and am pleased that you have your daughters for comfort and support at this very difficult time.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jane

I am so sorry to read of your sadness. I hope the pain relief for Rupert is sufficient.
With love xx

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Dear Jane,

I am so sorry to read about Rupert's decline, my heart goes out to you and you family.

I am glad that the hospital are able to keep him comfortable.

Love
Jackie
xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Jane:
I am so sorry to hear your news. My deepest sympathies at this very sad time. You did your utmost and its good to hear that Rupert died peacefully.

Please keep in touch with us all.
Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jane

I'm so sorry to read that Rupert has passed away. You haven't had long to come to terms with his decline.

I'm glad it was peaceful in the end, that must be some comfort to you, but you must be feeling so devastated just now.

Please post as often as you are able, and if there is anything I can do, I'm here.

Love,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jane

I am so sorry Jane. My thoughts and wishes are with you at this sad time.

Love

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bottomls