My darling husband has gone to rest,he is whole again

daizee

Mar 31, 2006
Broken Hill, Australia
On the 16th of June at 3 in the morning my most precious and darling husband passed away. I lay beside him with my arms around his, holding his hand and my head on his chest and waited as his dear heart stopped beating.I felt quiet and peacful as I knew his struggle was over. After my children said their last goodbye I closed the door behind them, we had our last moments , I washed him and shaved him and dressed him in the clothes he had always worn when we went,then I just smiled at him and said,We did it darling, together we did it . He is free at last, he left our house as the man he has always been strong and proud.The whole house felt so warm and happy as if he was radiating a huge warm and loving smile that just filled us with peace and happiness and the feeling that everything was right ,he was where he should be ,free and whole and after all these long sad years, back with us again .Each time saddness over takes us we just think of his beautiful smile and the way we felt that day. The day before he died I took a small lock of his hair to wear in a locket around my neck, to feel him close to me , but I do not feel alone .He is with me and I will always love himand feel the love he felt so much for me. He will always be my darling husband as death hasn't parted us ,we are just apart for a while......................Thanks to all Bye Daizee

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Oh Daizee,
I am so sorry that your husband has died, but it sounds so beautiful. I am so pleased that his death was that of the strong proud man that you loved. Thank you for sharing with us. I am sure that I am not alone in saying that you are an inspiration. Thank you.
Much love,
Helen

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Dear Daizee

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Your poignant description of his passing moved me to tears.

Draw strength from the good times you shared; until you meet again.

Take care

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
Daizee.
What a lovely post my key board was awash with tears. So pleased your felt at peace when he passed away.

Love Cynron x x

chrisply

Jun 18, 2006
Surrey UK
Dear Daizee,
I only started reading about your husband`s struggle today, and replied to one of your earlier threads. I am devastated by your sad news and the tears are flowing for your husband and mine. I am so so sorry. He was a very lucky man to have someone as caring as you. I know you have many friends here and I am sure we don`t want this to be a final goodbye from you. Come back for support whenever you feel low. Let all the support carry you through the sad bad times.
A big hug from chrisply. xxxx

Last edited:

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
God Bless and keep you Daizee. Thank you for sharing your precious story with us and being such an inspiration.
Thinking of you.
Debbie

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Thank you for your moving message, Daisy, you are a very special person and I send you my condolences and best wishes - may you and your family continue to find consolation in your wonderful memories of your husband's love.
Take care and 'god bless'.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear Daizee
I'm so glad you were with your husband until the end
Thinking of you
Sending you lots of love
Wendy
x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear daizee, thank you for sharing your precious last minutes with us.

You are inspirational. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Sorry

Dear Daizee

I am sorry to hear you have lost your husband, i know how you are feeling at the moment as it is one week tonight since i lost mine.
I am sure that you will have some emotional times ahead but your lovely memories will carry you through.

Stay strong.
Alex

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
daizee,

sending you and your family my love and condolences, i hope the peace your feeling will stay with you, such a moving post
thinking of you

McK

Sep 13, 2005
Pgh. Pa. USA
Love

Dear Daizee, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. You expressed the true meaning of love in the way you expressed your feelings and emotions at this sacred time that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. - McK

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
What to say, Daizee? Even at this time you are an inspiration and so brave and selfless to post such a message.....

Tears - yes lots of them - just from behind this PC - and with every one a prayer for you and yours.

With love, Karen (TF)

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Dear Daizee

I was so saddened to hear of your loss but feel truly inspired by what you have written. Your children are truly lucky to have such parents.

Libs

catm

Jun 13, 2006
Merseyside
I hope peace and many happy memories of your husband will be with you all always, and that with them you remember the joy of having loved and been loved by a great man.

Thank you so much for sharing this. My prayers are with you all.

Cat.