my dad's problem can someone help me understand.

Just Jane

Jun 29, 2020
hi there everyone,

I wonder if someone could answer me and help me understand my dad report.

in a medical report it say's: it is likely that my father has diffused Lewy Body Disease with Lewy Body dementia, Although the history is not entirely clear.

I found this confusing to read and so did his mental health nurse, because is it saying my dad might have it or does he have it?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think its saying that the doctor thinks hes probably got it, but isnt absolutely certain.
Has your father has a scan? LBD can be quite difficult to diagnose and the difference between LBD and Alzheimers isnt always obvious.

Could you get back to the person who wrote the report and ask them to explain more?

Just Jane

Jun 29, 2020
I think its saying that the doctor thinks hes probably got it, but isnt absolutely certain.
Has your father has a scan? LBD can be quite difficult to diagnose and the difference between LBD and Alzheimers isnt always obvious.

Could you get back to the person who wrote the report and ask them to explain more?
My dad only had one CT scan back in early 2020, he has not had no more scans since.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Does the report actually state that your father has dementia?

When my wife was first diagnosed she was said to have Alzheimer's Disease. Scans showed significant vascular damage plus some brain atrophy. The diagnosis changed to dementia of uncertain type.

One of the problems with dementia is that it is said to be only possible to be certain about dementia type post mortem.

Your father's case may be similar to my wife's - hard to be specific..

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Has the doctor suggested an MRI scan which might show up more detail? It might be able to be more specific about what type of dementia it is