my dads been neglected and abused in a EMI Nursing Home

nrigby

Sep 29, 2008
wigan
:mad:
:(My father is 70 and suffers from Alzheimer's.
on 17th August 2015 following an assault to my mum (the disease not my dad)He was admitted into a EMI Nursing homewhere he was regularly unkempt, clothes dirty, no brushing of his teeth, no regular shaving, we had a number of meetings to discuss these issues. 8 weeks later dad was found in his own faeces in his bed by sister on an unannounced visit!! he was HEAVILY sedated, could not swallow, walk and appeared zombie like! he was detained for his own safety due to a mis- management of his medication, he then has spent 6 weeks on a psychiatric assessment unit! there has been a strategy and case conference with the LA and Police. It was agreed by all professionals that organisational abuse had occurred! and dad has been neglected and abused. This has caused me to be absent from a professional role for 3 months due to stress . My mum has had a breakdown!
Dad is now safe and cared for; we fought for an out of borough care home.
We now want justice and plan to seek compensation from the home.

Does anyone know of a trusted solicitor who would have dads best interests at heart and fight for our family?

Thanks for reading

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to read of your situation.
You ask for recommendations of a solicitor but please be aware that members are not allowed to name professionals on the forum. They can however send a private message if necessary.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I am also looking for someone who will take a case on no win no fee so if you find anything would you private message me and I will do likewise.

I am really sorry to hear your story - I am so sad for you and your family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar