My Dad

ladyinblack

Aug 17, 2014
Hi everyone, my Mom has Alzheimers and my Dad has just been referred to the memory clinic - Help!!! :( (Thanks Jay x)

100 miles

Apr 16, 2015
Hello LadyinBlack,

What a nightmare. What do you think about your Dad's memory? I guess you know lots about memory clinics from taking care of your Mum. But it is always worth writing down your observations about changes in your Dad and timescales...so you can pass it to the Dr.

Good luck

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Hi everyone, my Mom has Alzheimers and my Dad has just been referred to the memory clinic - Help!!! :( (Thanks Jay x)

Hi Jay, my Mum was diagnsoed with Alzheimers July 13. and following a memory test by Dads GP he was referred to our Memory Team this time last year.
After having blood tests, CT scan, and extensive memory tests he was diagnosed with cognitive impairment. His memory was relative to his age. He is an ex amateur boxer, and his CT scan showed atrophy in his frontal lobes, ischemic changes ( maybe due to smoking?) and another area of damage which could be attributed to his boxing also.
Makes things difficult especially in Dad understanding Mums Alzheimers, but you can only take one day at a time.
With Dad they recommended him to read, do crosswords, keep active and join some groups or clubs.
He has done nothing! He doesn't read books anymore, doesn't do crosswords as much and won't join in any new clubs. He is in his confort zone at the one club he does attend weekly.
He has a Memory Team followup appt soon.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher