My dad

Mun

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
My dad has sadly passed away @ 0330 this morning,his struggle with Alzhiemers is finally over. He was in hospital for the last 3 weeks of his life & having to watch him deteriorate on a daily basis has broken my heart. Not being to able to eat or drink anything & the weight he lost was shocking to witness.
RIP my darling dad... your fight is over now,I love you very much xx

Val

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your dad Mun. Sending my condolences and sympathy.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm also very sorry Val. As you say your Dad's fight is now over. I hope you start to put yourself first now and grieve for your Dad peacefully and with strength

Love from

Lyn T

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Hello Val,
I am very sorry to hear that you have lost your dad this morning. You must be feeling totally exhausted, bereft and in shock right now. My mum died recently in the same circumstances, and I remember only too well the horror of watching her fade hour by hour, not wanting her to die, but wishing it was all over.

If you are anything like me, you will have been living in a kind of nightmare bubble and it will take time to assimilate everything and 'come back' to some kind of normality.
Give yourself space now just to think, rest and grieve. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Weary

Aug 1, 2014
I am so sorry for your loss. Your poor dad is at peace now. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I also wish to add my thoughts & prayers at the sad passing of your Dad. There will be lots to do over the coming weeks but take it easy & be kind to yourself.

Pigeon11

Jul 19, 2012
So sorry to hear you have lost your dad but I'm glad the suffering is over for both of you.

Much love

x

jublugs

Aug 10, 2014
My dad has sadly passed away @ 0330 this morning,his struggle with Alzhiemers is finally over. He was in hospital for the last 3 weeks of his life & having to watch him deteriorate on a daily basis has broken my heart. Not being to able to eat or drink anything & the weight he lost was shocking to witness.
RIP my darling dad... your fight is over now,I love you very much xx

Val
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, this disease is the most cruel and destructive disease for everyone concerned. Take time to grieve and then think about you xx

Mun

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Thank you all for your touching messages,I really appreciate it.
I will be leaving TP,but would like to thank everyone who has given me help,support & brilliant advice over the last 2 years that I've been involved with the site.
Val

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
So Sorry Mun

Im sorry about your loss Mun. Losing your Father is very hard. I lost mine after a long battle with cancer and the end was very hard to watch. A Cancer helpline gave me great advice. They suggested I got a photo of my Dad at his happiest, healthiest and most vibrant self. I put that up where I could see it regularly and now when I think of him, that is the image I have in my head.

I hope this work for you too and that you allow yourself to grieve for your Dad and forget about the terrible disease that is dementia.

Mum now has dementia so I understand if only a little.