my dad

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
moving again

dear kirst,i quite agree that you should hold out for a home which is nearer to you and your family.if i am right has dad already been moved twice?another interim move until he has a place near you may unsettle him even more.had a few dealings with social workers today at work.surely the home he is in now can meet his needs until he has a home near you?i would push for it.please let me know what happens.love elainex

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
top up

hi kirst me again.forgot to mention the top up.if the home can meet his needs there should be no top up fee.where i work we had a resident whose needs could be met but not in the room they were in.moving and handling problems.we accommodated them in a bigger room for maving and handling purposes and the home waived the top up.push this issue aswell!elainex

kirst

Jul 9, 2007
east riding
money side

does any one know i had a call from my dads social worker today she said when my dad becomes a permenat resident they get all his money and us to pay 15 pound a week top up and my dad will get 20 pound a week for things he needs like toiletries etc does this sound right any advice would help thank you