my dad

intensityp

Aug 16, 2006
some of you might remember me posting before... I thought an update was due (more for me than you..I am sure you all understand)... my dad is dying and hours and minutes now fly away too quick..he saw us all this morning and smiled and laughed with us in his own way and that made something that cannot be described by words and it made him see us...seeee us!! and recognise me and later in the afternoon he was cryinghis alzheimers has been on overdrive and 3 and a half years ago he was driving me to my neo natal appointments and now he is in my parents house in a hospital bed ( we did not let him go ) and he is in his final days of life and safe and comfortable and I swear to god that his alzheimers has faded in his last days because he has recognised evryone of us and held on to us in so many ways

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
I am so happy for you that your Dad is recognising you. These are very precious times and ones you will always remember. Hold them close to your heart as they will mean so much to you in the future.

My Dad told me he loved me before he died, he kissed Mum and he knew who we all were moments before he slipped away. I cherish those times now.

I feel for you at this time and I will be thinking of you. Be strong and don't stop telling him how much you love him.

Take care,
Hugs
M
xxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s wonderful that your dad recognizes you again. Even though it`s such a heartbreaking time for you, you have some consolation. He is safe and loved and in his own home, he could ask for no more for his final days.

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi iam sorry to hear about your father, its such a distressing time, when you say your swear the alzheimers is fading my mum did not utter a word for the last 4 years of her illness until she lay dying in bed she looked at my dad and with all her strength and spirit she tried to speak to him, this broke our hearts her voice was alien. Your dad is surounded by such loving family, take care.

kathy

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi iam sorry to hear about your father, its such a distressing time, when you say your swear the alzheimers is fading my mum did not utter a word for the last 4 years of her illness until she lay dying in bed she looked at my dad and with all her strength and spirit she tried to speak to him, this broke our hearts her voice was alien. Your dad is surounded by such loving family, take care.

kathy