My Dad passed away this morning.

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Since my Mum passed away 19 months ago it's been a roller-coaster of ups and downs, toing and froing, stress and heartache, illness and tensions with looking after my Dad, who has had Alzheimers for nearly 7 years. He was 86.

Sadly he passed away this morning at 7.36am after being in hospital for 5 days with pneumonia. It was a release for him and he went peacefully with my sister at his side (my sister and me just missed him) but I'm in shell-shock tonight and can't believe my lovely Dad isn't here anymore.

He was a very fit man and used to swim three times a day, walk for miles everywhere, played golf, darts, and from my username he used to be a boxer (in the army and then as a trainer in London) but Alzheimers is a terrible disease.

Rest in peace Dad and say hello to Mummy.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
So sorry to read your sad news. Sending my condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry to read about your sad news. Your Dad is now at peace and reunited with your Mum.

I hope you find peace youself and strength to help you through the times ahead.

Love

Lyn T XX

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad, Boxer.
Please accept my condolences.
Geum xxx

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
Sorry to learn of your loss. May peace and strength be with you all in the coming days and weeks.

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Thank you all for your kind words. The days ahead will be very hard and I'm actually feeling quite shaky about the day of my Dad's funeral after losing my Mum not long ago. But having the support of my husband, who has been fantastic dealing with a lot of the financial side of my Dad's life over the past 19 months, and my two sisters and our families (Dad has 12 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren) I'm hoping it will be ok on the day.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope that with the support of your family you'll get through the difficult times ahead and feel that you have given your dad a good send-off.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
sending my condolences - I also lost my parents within two years of each other. Please be kind to yourself. x

cheryl k

Sep 9, 2012
My Dad passed away this morning

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. My Dad died in December and now I know it is time to take care of yourself. Cheryl