My Dad passed away this morning.

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Please accept my sincere condolences. I`m with you. I lost Mum on Sunday, Mother`s Day. Been very strong, calm and focussed for two days doing the paperwork, organising things. Funeral isn`t until 31st, today was a pamper day, hair-do etc - but tonight naigra falls is off again. It is a reaction to events and know. Tomorrow lady leading the service coming to discuss order of service/tribute. Its all too much too soon, but necessary. I need to recover/reflect before I can re-adjust, but its way too soon and I think until the funeral is over - a happy ocassion, its going to be a long two weeks.
I now walk with you all who are now bereaved. Happy that Mum is at peace.
Be strong, be positive Boxer. You will survive. Step by step. Take it slowly.
God bless
Heather x

LittleFeet74

Aug 30, 2014
How are you Boxer? My Dad died on the 12th and I'm functioning but find it catches me at odd moments. Thoughts are with you xxx

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Thank you all so much for your thoughts. I've missed a week or so on here as just been so busy and in a kind of limbo. Still functioning but dad's death does catch me unawares sometimes at silly times.

Went into Sainsburys last week and was drawn to their fruit slices as used to buy them for Dad as was his favourite but had to pass them by.

The funeral is still to come this Friday so it's been a long wait in between.

It really helps to know people are sending kind thoughts and I wish everybody on the forum the strength to get through their loss.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
I will be thinking of you Boxer and your family especially on Friday - hope all goes well for your Father's Funeral and you manage to gain some peace of mind as you say your farewells. A difficult time so do take care of yourself. WIFE

Bigs is

Feb 12, 2013
Suffolk
Please accept my sympathies.
I'm just waiting for my mums funeral on Wednesday
Only time makes it more bearable I'm afraid.
Xx

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Thanks for all your thoughts and I hope everybody who has lost loved ones and have just had funerals are coping ok.

My Dad's has now been and gone and it was such a beautiful send off for him. The sun shone, which helped, and everybody said what a lovely service it was.

He has 12 grandchildren and the six boys (youngest 19) carried him into the chapel to the whistling, trumpet playing song 'it's a long way to tipperary' which was a favourite of his. The vicar read out my dad's life story and we had a couple of hymns and my sister then read out a poem dedicated to my dad. A song was played in-between and then we left to Susan Boyle's "I dreamed a dream" another song which always had a calming effect on my Dad and had been a favourite of my Mum's.

The wake was lovely too with friends and family remembering things about my Dad which helped all the family cope with everything a bit easier.

We requested flowers (my Dad loved his garden) or donations and £210 was collected for AS which I donated over the phone last week but broke down and had to ring back the next day.

It was my dad's birthday yesterday which was an emotional day for me and my sisters too.

X