my dad has passed away

kirst

Jul 9, 2007
east riding
i have not been on for a long time with moving etc just to let you all know suddenly on thursday the 8th of january 2009 my dad suddenly passed away so peacefully in his sleep with a chest infection been such a shock has we thought he would pull through this again but he had had a bit of a up and down year last year in and out of hospital and been ill

kirst

rip dad always in my heart love you xx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Kirst, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dad went peacefully and thats a blessing for you and your family.
I keep my Dad in my heart that way he is never trully dead and with me at all times.XXX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear kirst

So sorry that you have lost your dad.

Take comfort from the fact that his end was peaceful, and he is now free from suffering.

Take care of yourself,

Love,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Kirst,
My sympathies on the passing of your father. It's good to hear that it wss very peaceful. Although the shock is terrible for you, he is at peace and beyond all wordly troubles.

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad- I do hope that you have the strength to get through without him. The end was peaceful and he is now at rest

Love

Julie xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Kirst

Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on the loss of your father.
I hope it is some consolation for you to know he is at peace now.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Kirst

I am so sorry to read of your loss and the shock that you are left with. Please accept my sincere condolences Kirst. Talking Point is here for you in your loss should you have the need. (hug)

Love

jenny48

Sep 19, 2008
So sorry to read your sad news, as you say your dad is now at peace, I shall pray for you and your family.

Jenny

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Kirst:
I want to add my condolences in your sad loss. It was a shock but I do hope you find comfort knowing your Dad is now at peace.

Love Jan

jack29

Mar 8, 2008
Kirst,

So sorry to hear about your Father passing away. Looks like we are going through this together at the moment. I am sure like me some days are easier to get through than others.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Helen

kirst

Jul 9, 2007
east riding
thank you all for your support i need to get through today for the funeral its like a final goodbye but not in my heart he will always be with me and loved xx

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Sending you loads of hugs for today and the future that lies ahead. May your Dad now be at peace and free from this terrible illness and that this gives you comfort to know there is no more suffering for him.

kirst

Jul 9, 2007
east riding
my dads funeral was a really good send of for him so personal more like a celebration of my dads life we had the service at the chapel by a friend who does that sort of thing he even got a bag piper they did a lovly wreath from the british legion with silk poppys and the royal lincolns corpes catering regiment badge in the middle it was a very emotional day i couldnt even look at my mum and brother in the chapel i was so upset my self at the grave side i hugged my mum so tight i looked down at my dads coffin in the ground i threw some earth in and after that i couldnt look again we held drinks afterwards for a toast to my dads wonderful life on wednesday me and my mum went back to look at the flowers on my dads grave they was lovly we took some photographs has we are going to do our selfs a memorial scrap book each for all the cards we received the service sheet and things like that i cryed again so did my mum but it didnt hit me again till i saw the grave marker with my dads name on and the day he died i dont know if all these feelings i am having are normal i have never lost any one so close to me like my dad some times i just break down and cry other days i dont it feels so strange getting on with normal things in life some times it leaves your mind for a short while what has happened then reality hits you again that my dad is not here any more in person i know he will always be in my thoughts and in my heart for ever i still expect when im out in the car that im going to go see him am i wrong for not crying all the time i just dont know how to deal woth all these emotions going around in my head
love you dad always forever in my heart you will be xxxx
sorry if i have gone on abit

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear kirst

I'm glad your dad's funeral was so lovely.

Of course you miss him, you always will, but you have happy memories of him, and in time they will take over from the sad ones.

Kirst, the only way to handle your emotions is to go along with them. If you feel like crying, then cry. Sometimes you'll want to just shut yourself off from people for a while, and that's a good thing to do.

But sometimes you'll be happy, and want to enjoy yourself. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. No-one can be sad all the time, and your dad wouldn't want you to be.

Live your life the best way you can. Remember your dad, with pride and happiness when you can, but don't be afraid to grieve.

Give yourself time, that's the main thing. try to relax and let the emotions flow.

Love and hugs,