my Dad, broken hip, fixed and pneumonia.....

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
we lost my Dad on tues 22nd, even though we were expecting it it was still so hard. So many mixed emotions.....relief that he isn't suffering any more, he had broken his hip and had pneumonia, and awful sadness that he was gone :( The care home staff were as we knew they would be, absolutely brilliant, so caring, nothing too much trouble and they were genuinely sad, he was a real character bless him. I know now I did the right thing fighting to bring him back to his "home", the look of relief and contentment when the ambulance staff put him into his bed was so worth it. He came home to the home on tuesday and on the friday the GP decided it was end of life care from now on, which I was relieved about but also felt guilty about, it was very hard for us too but we only ever wanted the best for him. We stayed with him day and night and he passed peacefully away on the tuesday morning. For that I'm glad, he is free now.....

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
So sorry xxx you are right, he is at peace now and I hope that you have some peaceful days. Take care x

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
So glad you were able to get your dad back to the home, where the staff knew him. You certainly have done your very best for him, and this will no doubt be of some comfort to you as you grieve.
I am sorry for your loss, and understand your relief that he is now free of illness and pain.

Shazedge

Nov 11, 2015
I am so sorry for your loss but glad you were able to get him back home. We lost dad on Sunday and in very similar circumstances. Same as you have dreadful feeling so guilt, relief but most of all the overwhelming feeling of loss and emptiness. We are all so heartbroken I wonder if we will ever be the same again.
Don't be too hard on yourself it's sounds, like us, all you wanted was the best for your dad and sadly, like us, there was never to be a happy ending x x x x

overwhelmed1

Dec 7, 2013
Chester
I have also lost my father (alzheimers had pneumonia) Christmas Eve. So I understand how there is no happy ending and you are left with memories of his suffering.

I guess at least we know we are not alone in this. You did so well bringing him home xxx

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
aww thanks overwhelmed, I had noticed your posts and did mean to post a message to you, I hope you are doing ok......