My constant vistitor

Rosie7

Oct 30, 2014
Hi all on this beautiful sunny day. Today so far I've taken Dad to the Chiropodist, we've walked the dog together
followed by lunch out then a bit of shopping. Dads nearly 85 and though quite mobile can't walk for too long and found it a bit hot today. Within 30mins of being home he's asks when were going out again. When I said we'd stay in for a bit as we'd just come back he obviously has forgotten the mornings activities. Dad told the memory clinic nurse the other week that he has been here 3 weeks, its over 4 years.Thing as he thinks he's thinks he's visiting he can't understand that i can't entertain him all the time . We will be going out again today probably twice more for little errands as it keeps him happy but boy is it wearing sometimes.
I don't like to moan too much as Dad does go to respite a few times a year and i am still managing to work part time. I know its not going to happen but I just wish he could relax and enjoy living with us. Every morning when he gets up about 5.30 he gets dressed (missing the washing part unless I'm there to heard him into the shower) puts shirt tie jacket gets hat and coat ready . Once at 6 in the morning I asked him what he was ready for he said anything which mad me smile.
Oh well onwards and up wards
Best wishes to you all xx

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Best wishes to you too @Rosie7. Your post made me smile as so much of it resonates with me. I know how much it tires one but at least you get respite and get out to work part time. I hope you cherish every moment of this 'me' time as I find it so precious in my life and I only get an hour or so every day. Stay happy and strong if you can.:)

elvismad

Jan 8, 2012
This resonates with me as well. Mum loves being out and about. We spent yesterday afternoon at a dementia friendly screening at the local cinema. We walked there in the sunshine ( me pushing her in her wheelchair) enjoyed tea , cakes & biscuits before the show and during the interval, walked back in the sunshine. No sooner had we got home than mum asked if we were going out. Still it was an enjoyable afternoon and nice to see mum happy for a while.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
. Once at 6 in the morning I asked him what he was ready for he said anything which mad me smile.

It made me smile too @Rosie7

My grandmother used to be ready for anything ,just because she couldn`t rush and lived in anticipation. Your post made me think of her.

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Ready for anything! I love that.
He certainly has got bags of energy. Tiring for you but good that he is still so mobile.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan