My Computer

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Apologies for the very short replies and sporadic bursts. My computer is seriously ill and keeps locking up or crashing or typing about 1 minute behind me. All very annoying. Have called the PC Doctor.

Back to strength as soon as I can.

Jude

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Doesnt sound like you have given your computer any love today

Have you thought about trading it in for something more reliable and friendly, like a duck ? It may not help you get on line but it is much more fun in the bath !!!

Hope it's better soon
TED

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Jude I'm quite sure I've warned you before about your nylon knickers! If you must wear them then you have to sit still while you work on the PC or earth yourself to a nearby radiator.

Kriss

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

I've slung out the nylon knickers and replaced them with sugar bags and ordered a duck as well. Have also earthed myself to the radiator. So far, so good........

Jude

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Dear All

I am becoming concerned about the preoccupation with ladies underwear that seems to be prevalent among certain members of Talking Point.

Shortly after becoming a member I saw a reference to Nylon Knickers made by either Sheila or Storm, (it couldn’t have been Magic could it?) This was obviously an ongoing thing as everyone understood it except me, and I had to ask.

Followed by a graphic verbal picture of Jude seated at her computer clad in Black Lace Undies and Wellies, (a picture that I will forever cherish in my minds eye.)

Then we had Norman and Brucie discussing Passion Killers, (re-living their youth?)

Now we have come full circle and Kriss is raising the Nylon Knickers again. Pardon the pun.

Before you know where you are someone will be talking about Cami-Knickers. Whoops!!!!!!!!! There I told you so.

Sometimes I worry about you lot.

Cheers Barraf

C

Chesca

Dear Norman and Barraf and concerned of wherever

Thongs are elastic bands occasionally studded with folderols, otherwise known as cheese cutters by the wearers, and not to be confused with cami knickers which are voluminous swathes of silk - a sort of feminine boxer short - a plethora of which my mother bought for comfort prior to her retirement, on a just-in-case basis. I'm not sure what to do with them now, all new in their packaging, apart from throwing them up in the air..............as the song went, I seem to remember. And apart from which pull yourself together..............a man of your position..............or should that be corsets?

Confused (no change there then)
Chesca

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Barraf

just to put the record straight, I'm not YET so far advanced down life's path that Passion Killers were ever around [at least to my knowledge] during my time.

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
and you have to wonder where the duck fits into all this

have no idea what you guys are on about
which is just as well
I'm sending the van round to collect you all
be nice to the men in their white clothes

baaa

TED

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Ted,

The duck question is easy. Years ago I had a silk lingerie manufacturing business in Australia and our frivolous line was called 'DownUnder Wear'. Plenty of feathers in that range.

The rest of the garments were 1940's style nightgowns, robes [all pure silk] and various underwear items, including a men's range of smoking jackets, boxer shorts and pyjamas. I also produced a range of yukatas [kimonos] for swish hotels. I won the 1986? Oz Fashion Awards for the upmarket 1940's silk range, which was photographed in Mode magazine at the time and ran 3 catwalk parades daily at the Brisbane Expo.

It was great fun.....! I love 1940's styled garments.

Jude

Jude

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Once again I (and I'm sure many others) are well and truly impressed by the talent within our ranks! Published authors and now fashion gurus.

Isn't it amazing who you can meet out here?

Kriss

C

Chesca

Your Computer?!

You think you've got troubles? What about my shoes? No......... that's Monty Python, isn't it? I've been thrashing about amongst the worms who have been bashed by a Trojan - and no Brad Pitt I can tell you! - suffering from some sort of a virus followed by a crash of such proportions Wall Street in the 1920s was a piggy bank counting exercise. I tell you, if wasn't for necessary access to this site the next passer-by would be wearing this as fetching headgear.

Chesca the fraught