My beloved mum - RIP

PaddyJim

Jan 19, 2013
North Yorkshire
My beloved mum passed away on Sunday. After suffering with dementia for over six years, she was never in a good place with her dementia and even up until a week before she died she was in denial. Whilst our hearts are broken we cannot help feel relief for her as she is no longer in torment.

Thankfully the end was peaceful and she was given the opportunity to die with dignity. A huge thanks to all the CH staff who helped the family during her last days, their care and support was exceptional.

I may have only contributed a number of threads to this forum, but I read it regularly and found it to be a place of support and comfort. Thank you to all who have provided the guidance in the past and I hope they find a cure soon to this terrible illness and my heart goes out to all of you still caring for a loved one.

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
so sorry to hear your sad news but she will finally be at peace. Sending you best wishes and my thought are with you xx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I am so sorry to hear this, PaddyJim, but like you are relieved that her suffering is over and she is now in a place of peace. Wishing you strength for the days to come.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm very sorry Paddyjim. Please accept my condolences at this sad time. Another shining star in the sky. So sad.

Love,

Lyn T XX

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
Wishing you strength for the days to come. I've just lost my dad - so am feeling it for you too. So heartbreaking to lose a parent. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
So sorry for your loss but heartened that you were supported so well by the care home. I hope you find happier memories soon.

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
Good to hear that your mum and you were supported by the care home in a positive way. I hope this fact helps you as you go forward.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so sorry PaddyJim.
It is a cruel disease, for sure.
Your Mum is thankfully at peace now.
I hope you and your family will take comfort from that
and have happier memories of her, as time goes by.

Much sympathy to you all.
Love Geum. xxx

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
My beloved mum passed away on Sunday. After suffering with dementia for over six years, she was never in a good place with her dementia and even up until a week before she died she was in denial. Whilst our hearts are broken we cannot help feel relief for her as she is no longer in torment.

Thankfully the end was peaceful and she was given the opportunity to die with dignity. A huge thanks to all the CH staff who helped the family during her last days, their care and support was exceptional.

I may have only contributed a number of threads to this forum, but I read it regularly and found it to be a place of support and comfort. Thank you to all who have provided the guidance in the past and I hope they find a cure soon to this terrible illness and my heart goes out to all of you still caring for a loved one.

I'm glad you felt you had a positive experience during the end of your mum's life. It's so difficult because you don't want them to leave you, but you know they have no quality of life. I feel guilty for hoping that my mum's not in this situation for long, but I have to remind myself that the selfish thing would be to wish for her to stay with us for us long as possible. She went downhill rapidly and is no longer able to do anything for herself and needs 24 hr care. I hope you don't think I'm being insensitive, but I see you're in North Yorkshire and I wondered if you'd mind letting me know the name of your mum's care home, which sounds lovely. Don't worry if it's not something you feel able to do. Take care.

PaddyJim

Jan 19, 2013
North Yorkshire
I'm glad you felt you had a positive experience during the end of your mum's life. It's so difficult because you don't want them to leave you, but you know they have no quality of life. I feel guilty for hoping that my mum's not in this situation for long, but I have to remind myself that the selfish thing would be to wish for her to stay with us for us long as possible. She went downhill rapidly and is no longer able to do anything for herself and needs 24 hr care. I hope you don't think I'm being insensitive, but I see you're in North Yorkshire and I wondered if you'd mind letting me know the name of your mum's care home, which sounds lovely. Don't worry if it's not something you feel able to do. Take care.

Hi theunknown, I am sorry for you as I know exactly how you feel in relation to your mum, my mums quality of life had been horrendous for many years and at least she in no longer in torment. I still didn't want her to die but my reasons were selfish and I know she is in a better place. The home my mum was in was actually in East Yorkshire, in Beverley and is called the Old School House, it is run by the local authority and deals with people with complex or challenging dementia. I hope it all works out for you, best wishes. PJ

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Heartfelt condolences at the passing of your Mum. I understand the mixed emotions,sadness at the loss of the physical mixed with relief its over for all of you, Mum is at peace now. Keep positive, let the emotions flow.
Sending thoughts out to you and your family
Heather x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968