My beloved mother is at peace

oonaghw

Dec 4, 2005
isle of man
Hi all

On Wednesday last my beloved mother finally got some peace she passed away quietly at 1.10pm. In one sense it was a great relief and in another it leaves such a hole in our lives. The centre of our world has gone and now we need time to refocus.

I want to say that without this forum I may have gone mad - it is and has been great to realise that my family was not alone - many many others are going through the same and worse every day. I felt love and reassurance.

For all of you out there who are hurting I send you my thoughts and prayers - I hope you can be strong and look after yourselves remember you cant be any good to anyone unless you do.

Love to all

Oonagh

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Oonagh, so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your dear Mum. The death of a loved one is a hard thing to come to terms with, her suffering is over, but you still feel the loss and feel odd as you didn't want her to suffer either. Round and round you go and it hurts I know. My thoughts are with you at this sad time, big hug, love She. XX

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Dear oonaghw
All our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
It will take time to re adjust your lives,but you will get there.
Best Wishes
Norman

Finnian

Sep 26, 2005
U.K.
Oonagh

Just wanted to send you and your family a hug. Take comfort from the fact you did as much as possible to support your Mum. I hope that the pain you feel at the moment eases and is replaced by happier thoughts of the life you shared.

You are in my thoughts.
Finnian

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Oonagh, my sincere condolences, such a sad time for you are the family.
Your dear mum is at peace now, take time to mourn and heal. Love Connie

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Oonagh and family

My thoughts are with you too. Happy memories of your Mum will overcome the bad times you have all been through. Look after each other.

Kathleen

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Oonagh, I feel for your pain and sorrow. You're so right, losing a parent leaves a huge gap in ones life, but she is beyond pain & confusion now.

Get the family albums out, and start remembering the wonderful person she was before AD took her away from you. That's the woman to remember and hang on to, not the more recent memories of distress and separation from reality.

Last edited:

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
oonagh

Oonagh, my thoughts are with you at this time too. My Dad died last Boxing Day but not from AD and I still can't look at photos which were taken during his illness when he looked old, ill and very frail but I can very happily look at the ones where he was well and happy so do the same, just look at the ones of your Mum when she was well and happy.

Love Twink/Sue

noodle31

May 1, 2005
kent
My thoughts are with you...

Dad passed 8th dec...funeral was today...

I think I have some idea of how you are feeling

{{{hugs}}}

love Jane x

Claire D

Nov 30, 2005
My thoughts are with you

Oonagh

I have only just joined the website and already it has give me a huge source of comfort with my own mother's suffering. I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing but in that passing all the pain and confusion has gone - as you say she is now truly at peace.

There is a lovely passage from a book called The Prophet by Kahill Gibran from which I hope you don't mind me sharing a passage with you.

Then the Almitra spoke, saying, We would ask now of Death; and he said.............

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance

I hope this provides you some comfort.