My Beautiful mum has gone ❤️ x

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
So sorry for your loss.
I think when someone with dementia passes on there is an incredibly complicated selection of emotions.
Sending you strength to deal with all of them!

Laura-Jayne

Mar 30, 2021
I am sorry for your loss @MissDiane but understand your relief having seen the toll this disease takes on a family member. My maternal grandmother had AD and I am now going through the same with my Mum. It is a cruel disease and noone wants to see their loved one suffer. Feeling a sense of relief is natural and hopefully soon you will also begin to remember your Mum before dementia took hold. She is at peace now and you can be too xx

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Sorry for your loss @MissDiane
My Mum passed away March 18th.
She was in a very advanced stage for 2 yrs and just kept going, with no changes in physical health nor as much ad a cold.
From January she’s had a few causes for concern, until March 11th, a sudden deterioration and developed pneumonia.
One blessing here in New Zealand is that we currently have no funeral restrictions.
I have a mixture of feelings at present.

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear your news, @Linbrusco - wishing you peace and solace at this sad time. It must be a shock that in the end it happened so suddenly - the same was the case with my Mum in 2017. It leaves such a huge blank. Best wishes xx

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
@MissDiane - I am so sorry to read your sad news. May your beloved mother rest in peace. It's so good that you were able to see her after so many months of enforced separation. Wishing you peace and solace in your memories. Best wishes xx

NotSuperMan

Mar 7, 2021
Hello Miss Diane
I totally agree with your feelings
My Dad passed 25 years ago with lung cancer he was 68 my mum passed jan19
With breast cancer I saw them both slipping away over a few years and grieved before they passed. Near to their last few days i was saying silently "enough is enough"
Still miss them both
And I will still love them for evermore
Please remember the happier times
Treasure your memories of your Mum xx

oldboy

Mar 28, 2021
you are so brave @MissDiane your mum is now at rest, my wife was diagnosed 4yrs ago and went into care three weeks ago. i only joined this forum about a week ago but like you it has really helped . you will never forget your mum be strong i am sure everyone on here is with you

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
you are so brave @MissDiane your mum is now at rest, my wife was diagnosed 4yrs ago and went into care three weeks ago. i only joined this forum about a week ago but like you it has really helped . you will never forget your mum be strong i am sure everyone on here is with you

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
Thank you oldboy. That must have been a terribly difficult decision for you. I think you just have to try and make your visits as special as you can. I did what I could when I could, depending on how mum was. Lots of lunches out when we could. I'm sure you are feeling a huge void too. We can only do our best given the circumstances.

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
Hello Miss Diane
I totally agree with your feelings
My Dad passed 25 years ago with lung cancer he was 68 my mum passed jan19
With breast cancer I saw them both slipping away over a few years and grieved before they passed. Near to their last few days i was saying silently "enough is enough"
Still miss them both
And I will still love them for evermore
Please remember the happier times
Treasure your memories of your Mum xx

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
Sorry to hear of your struggles. I remember often feeling like I didn't have a mum, then feeling guilty because I did still have a mum. Only she was a shell of who she was. I have definitely grieved for the last 3 years, it has been so hard to watch her deterioration. Towards the end, when she was really struggling, I also felt enough was enough. The relief was overwhelming that it was all over, for mum and for me. Just relief that she was at peace x

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
Sorry to hear of your struggles. I remember often feeling like I didn't have a mum, then feeling guilty because I did still have a mum. Only she was a shell of who she was. I have definitely grieved for the last 3 years, it has been so hard to watch her deterioration. Towards the end, when she was really struggling, I also felt enough was enough. The relief was overwhelming that it was all over, for mum and for me. Just relief that she was at peace x
@MissDiane - I am so sorry to read your sad news. May your beloved mother rest in peace. It's so good that you were able to see her after so many months of enforced separation. Wishing you peace and solace in your memories. Best wishes xx
Thank you for your kind words. Xxx

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
Sorry to hear your news, @Linbrusco - wishing you peace and solace at this sad time. It must be a shock that in the end it happened so suddenly - the same was the case with my Mum in 2017. It leaves such a huge blank. Best wishes xx
Sorry to hear of your mum's struggle. Yes, it was a rapid deterioration at the end. I had to fight for rights to visit, disgusting really. It was so obvious she was dying bit they would only give me 30 minutes per week. So lucky to have got the 3 hours on her final day. I just hope the people who made those decision can't sleep at night, because they showed no compassion. Xx

MissDiane

Oct 18, 2013
Sorry for your loss @MissDiane
My Mum passed away March 18th.
She was in a very advanced stage for 2 yrs and just kept going, with no changes in physical health nor as much ad a cold.
From January she’s had a few causes for concern, until March 11th, a sudden deterioration and developed pneumonia.
One blessing here in New Zealand is that we currently have no funeral restrictions.
I have a mixture of feelings at present.

Susan Rouse

Mar 14, 2018
It's been a very difficult 9 years watching my beautiful mum deteriorate. I didn't get to see her for 12 whole months and have been so fortunate to have had four visits, over the last 3 weeks.

It is with great sadness, but also great relief, that my mum has just passed away at 2am this morning. She battled this awful disease to the end and I did not want the suffering to continue, it was her time to go.

I had spent 3 beautiful hours with her and my husband today which I will forever be most grateful for.

I could not have wished for a more beautiful kind mum.

To those still struggling, I send you strength. My mum is at peace now with my dad, and all our family pets. I love her so much x

I
Diane, Take comfort in the saying that the pain of grief is the cost of love. Your post oozes the love you had for your mother., which was her reward for the love she gave to you. We all know that every day brings all of us closer to losing our loved ones suffering from this hideous disease which takes the sufferer and those closest to them to the brink on so many occasions, until in the end watching the suffering so helplessly is the cruelest blow of all. Of course you feel relief for her and for you and of course you didn’t want this level of suffering to go on for either of you. And of course all the feelings you have now, is the ultimate cost of loving someone deeply. I hope the strength you wish for others you will know is sent to you too by those of us who are still making this journey towards the inevitable. You have voiced what so many of us dare not allow ourselves voice, I so admire your courage because your words so validate how we are feeling - I cannot thank you enough for that.