My beautiful mom died today

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
The day I have dreaded for so long has arrived. Today, Saturday 22nd October 2016, my beautiful mom decided it was time to leave us and be reunited with my dad and all the family she lost by the time she was 14.

My heart is in a million pieces right now and the only comfort I can take is that she is now free from that prison that is called dementia that has held her prisoner these last few years.

I would like to thank each and every one of you who have helped me through her illness.

God bless you all.

xxxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello Patricia Alice
so sad to read your news
your post is so warm, full of your love for your mum and understanding of her life
my condolences on your loss
take care of yourself now, as you have taken such good care of her

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read of your loss. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Patricia Alice, I'm so sorry to read about your Mum's passing. As you say she is now at peace and reunited with your Dad; that can only be good for her but so sad for you.

I wish you strength for the times ahead.

XX

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
So sorry to hear your sad news. Your Mum is at peace, may she now rest free from this cruel disease x

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Patricia Alice my condolences. Your beautiful Mom is as you say reunited with your Dad, at peace again keep that thought to see you through the times ahead.
Look after yourself you're in my thoughts and prayers..xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Patricia Alice, I am sorry to hear about your mother. Please accept my condolences. I will be thinking of you at this difficult time.

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
Thank you all for your kind words and condolences.

I am not coping too well today and breaking down every few minutes. I am trying to be strong.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thank you all for your kind words and condolences.

I am not coping too well today and breaking down every few minutes. I am trying to be strong.

Why? You've lost your mum. Time enough for being strong. Let your grief do its work. You'll be better for it- and I'm sure your mum was worth grieving for. xx

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
Why? You've lost your mum. Time enough for being strong. Let your grief do its work. You'll be better for it- and I'm sure your mum was worth grieving for. xx

Thank you Lady A,

I have just cried out loud down the phone to my friend. I think I needed to do this. Yesterday there was too much going on to cry.

I have never felt pain like it.