Music...

Zana

May 12, 2016
OH has become much more interested and motivated by music since he became ill.

Ive just ordered the book Musicophilia Tales of Music and the Brain by Dr Oliver Sacks.
Has anyonelse read this?

Im also going to a lecture about music therapy next week and wondered if anyone has tried this with their loved ones.

Strange thing is that OH's mum who has AD is also very motivated by music , could this be a family trait. OH didnt care much for music before getting ill..

Just wondering..

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
OH has become much more interested and motivated by music since he became ill.

Ive just ordered the book Musicophilia Tales of Music and the Brain by Dr Oliver Sacks.
Has anyonelse read this?

Im also going to a lecture about music therapy next week and wondered if anyone has tried this with their loved ones.

Strange thing is that OH's mum who has AD is also very motivated by music , could this be a family trait. OH didnt care much for music before getting ill..

Just wondering..

It is great that your OH enjoys music. Play a variety on music for him and you will know what he likes. Check what volume he likes and also the length of time he likes.

Aisling

Zana

May 12, 2016
It is great that your OH enjoys music. Play a variety on music for him and you will know what he likes. Check what volume he likes and also the length of time he likes.

Aisling

Thanks...OH is in early stages so he still copes with putting on a cd himself. Luckily we both like 1960's and rock and roll type music so I already had a few of that type of CD. I order cds online mostly ones with a mix of 60's numbers and he will play them for hours while he sits outside in the garden..

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My husband loved music too - Irish traditional particularly, but also good singing (although ne never played an instrument, and couldn't sing much himself). He enjoyed cds of clear singing - the late tenor Frank Patterson (who sung songs from his era) and the trio The Priests, who sing a mix of light classic stuff, but very clear. Music can affect mood and atmosphere so much - it can be invaluable. I had one of those sort of "relaxation/meditation" cds that I used to put on if I had to get something done, like a pile of ironing - my husband would just sit nearby, and relax with the music. Without the cd going, he would keep agitating, because he didn't like me doing anything where my full attention wasn't on him! Every now and then, he would just murmur "pretty". :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy Mayor