Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

In Music For Lockdown I want to recommend:

Don't Stand So Close To Me by the Police

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
'Please lock me away' comes to mind, I don't know who sang it or any other words but in my head I have added 'and throw away the key' as the second line.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh Duggies-Girl! You'll be 'So Lonely' (The Police) and I don't want anyone to through away your key!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
from a distance cliff richard

love really hurts without you billy ocean
reach out and i will be there gloria ganyor
sorry im playing music and there are so many songs

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
this thread could quite easily called songs through a dementia journey like when the going gets tough the tough get going by billy ocean. not hijacking the thread it was MaNaAk thread but it just occurred to me or an our song from the a past radio 1 show in the 80s-90s. good thread and ive enjoyed thinking about it because its music and it can uplift you and make life a little easier or say what you are trying to express. sorryMaNaAk

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It was written by Paul McCartney for Peter and Gordon. I loved it! 1964. I was 13!?

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
It was written by Paul McCartney for Peter and Gordon. I loved it! 1964. I was 13!?

That's the one and I would have been 8 I just remembered the first line so made up my own words. I wouldn't have remembered who sung it though.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I was a baby that year. 'When The Going Gets Tough' applies to us also the film 'Jewel In The Nile' was brilliant and I used to think Art Malik was very good looking. If we all follow the rules we can 'Beat It' (Michael Jackson) and we 'Will Survive' (Gloria Gaynor). I would rather not have 'Schools Out' (Alice Cooper) again I would rather have 'A Hard Days Night' (Beatles).

MaNaAk