Mums panic attacks

cake4tea

Jan 22, 2014
Those of you following our threads will know that mum is suffering from very bad panic attacks in early mornings when myself and my sister would go to work. We have rearranged our hours at work to hopefully ease this and started mum Tues Night on a half tablet of Diazepam 2mg prescribed by her GP. She slept through the first night but still panicked in the morning when I was going to work (but not as bad as previously) even though my sister was going to be with her for most of the morning. This morning however her panic escalated and I was wondering if anyone has any advice as we intend to try the full Diazepam 2mg this evening before she goes to bed. We are all finding this very difficult including mum who improves as the day progresses.

Thanks

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Don't know about diazepam. I have Lorazapam [half to 1 mg] and only when absolutely needed, it helps mum when getting anxious at bedtime. Taking this medication is VERY spread out. It is beginning to have a strange effect on her the next day, difficult to explain, but I will try. Although calm and very happy first thing, mood suddenly flips and she becomes very confused, almost like it is inducing sundowning, also during the night she has difficulty getting to the commode or toilet!

Is someone now at home every morning with your mum? If so maybe the one leaving for work, should just leave the house without making it obvious. Sorry if you have tried this, I sometimes just tell mum I am putting the rubbish out when I've actually popped next door for a cup of sugar!