Mum's not well.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Just finished going through mums clothes for washing and i find a bottle of her Souvenaid in her wash bag, i gave that to the nurse yesterday and asked her to give it to mum when she was taking her tablets, is it too much to ask that they do that?
Mum wouldn't have been able to open it or take the silver top off that makes it sterile, i somehow think they just gave her it and left her to it, how could they?

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Sounds very frustrating, Carabosse. I think communication in hospitals leaves an awful lot to be desired.

For instance, my MiL, long story short, was discharged from hospital today (has been away from home since the beginning of December in different hospitals and a rehab centre etc - she doesn't have dementia) and we were given a message to pick her up at 3.00 pm. Hubby goes along just before that, to discover she'd been discharged just after lunch and had been sitting in the discharge lounge for a couple of hours on her own! It's crazy.

You have my every sympathy. I hope things get better for you both.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
It does make you wonder, as the elderly wouldn't make a fuss as they don't want to be a nuisance and if the person doesn't really know whats going on they would probably sit where they were until told otherwise, its just not good enough. I am in to minds as to whether to put a complaint in or not, if i thought it would do any good i would , also i don't want to make waves as mum may end up on the same ward with the same nurses at some point in the future and they may take it out on her?

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I totally understand what you mean, it's a very hard decision. I have no advice whatsoever because I would feel exactly the same.

I hope your mum is better very soon.

xx