Mums major stroke will on honeymoon

Rachael81

Dec 31, 2015
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
With a history of TIAs we knew a major was almost inevitable, but 10 days after our wedding and a week into our honeymoon sucks!

Told by the doctor at 6am Canadian time she probably won't last until Friday when we're due to return so doing anything possible to get back from Vancouver to UK today.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Rachael. I hope you manage to get arrangements sorted out. Thinking if you all.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello Rachael81
I'm sorry to read of your mum's stroke
I hope she is comfortable
and I hope you are able to return home very soon
best wishes

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm so sorry. A very sad end to your honeymoon. Your mum is now at peace and free of her illness, but it's such a sad time for you. Thinking of you.

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
I'm so sorry for your loss Rachael. Please don't feel bad that you weren't there with her as this was out of your control. My friend spent days in the hospital at her dad's bedside and the one time she popped back home to take a shower and change clothes, that is when he died.

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
My heartfelt condolences to you Rachel at this sad time. Your mum is at peace now and free of her illness. May you and your husband have a long and happy life together xx

Oh Knickers

Nov 19, 2016
Rachel,

SOrry to hear the news of you mum passing. And as to timing, the chance to say goodbyes, yes, it sucks.

Thinking of you.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
such sad news Rachael81
you took good care of your mum and she knew how much she meant to you
I'm sorry for your own peace of mind that you were unable to get home - it seems often to be the case that loved ones pass when those they love aren't with them, maybe as a final kindness; who knows - it's just possible your mum wanted you have your wedding and honeymoon and begin this new part of your life
very mixed emotions for you - be gentle with yourself