Mum's in Hospital.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Mum is in hospital, she has been there since about 11.00am this morning. I actually got to go with her in the ambulance over to A&E which is unusual, left A&E at 4.00pm!
When mum got up she was rather breathless, her ventolin wasn't working, actually used the nebuliser that i bought for the first time, even that didn't help, her sats were hovering around 85- 92% (according to the pulse oximeter i bought).
Anyway, mum has an infection, and the first troponin taken was slightly over the normal range, so don't know if she has had a silent MI or if its due to the underlying heart failure or if its just from the infection, suppose we wait until the second one is done in 12hrs.
So she is staying in hospital over the weekend at least, not sure whats happening after that, she is supposed to go into respite on Monday.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I do hope she is ok and gets out of hospital soon. Take care. X

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks, i don't think i'm going to get much sleep (if at all) tonight as i will be worrying about mum, i just hope i don't get an early morning phone call saying she has deteriorated (had a couple of them before).

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Wishing your mother well

Hi Carabosse,

Thinking of your Mum and hoping they get to the root of this really quickly. And hope you even manage to sleep because you will be better able to cope with whatever tomorrow brings. (As a professional worry wart and confirmed insomniac those are words I never managed to implement!). You know, sometimes things go better than we dare hope, and with any luck you will be getting a phone call tomorrow with news that she is comfy and stable. Why not? That is what I'll be meditating on anyway.

Night now, get some sleep, and better day tomorrow. xx BE

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Sorry to hear that. I can imagine how worried you must be. She's in the best place and hopefully she will make a quick recovery. Try to get some rest (easier said than done I know) X

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Sorry to hear about your Mum.
My Mam has COPD and heart failure too, she has been in what seemed to be dire straits and picked up.
All is not lost.
I hope she has a peaceful night and I hope you are able to get some rest, you'll need it,
another day of it tomorrow and hospital visiting can be more exhausting than looking after them at home.
Take care of yourself tonight, you will need to be up and running tomorrow.

Best wishes to you and your little Mum,

Gwen XXX

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks everyone...Mum has had heart failure before and bounced back even though the nursing staff have though she wouldn't, so i am hopeful she will be fine, she was looking ok when i left her this evening.... so i'm off to bed and i am hoping to have a long lie until at least 9.00am.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
I tried to have a good nights sleep, but it didn't happen just kept tossing and turning, and i have a headache the size of Manhatten. I think i was listening for the phone call i have had many times, but glad i didn't get it, tried to have a long lie until a neighbour started hammering! Don't know how mum is, will wait until around lunch time to call as Dr's rounds are unpredictable at the weekend.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hi Carabosse,

Wondering how your Mum is doing? Sending all the healing I can. Can you feel it? You have got through the night, despite the worry. Headache there now to prove to yourself that you are all in a heap - but you know that already! And who wouldn't be upset, we are only human. Let us know how your Mum is doing when you can.

Hugs, BE

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Yep, i can feel it..... and you're not going to believe this, the hospital is sending mum home with antibiotics! I called not long ago to see how she was doing, the nurse said fine and they were happier for her to go and were wanting to know which respite place she was going to. She isn't going there until tomorrow so i said to send her home, i somehow get the feeling because mum has had many hospital admissions due to cardiac/ breathing problems (she doesn't have COPD) that they seem reluctant to send her home to me, or maybe i'm just reading more into this than there actually is?
So i'm waiting for a call to see when she is leaving, it has been a while since they said they would get back to me.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Good to read that Carabosse! See, with all the stress that dementia induces, we can start to believe that nothing ever goes right. That is why I am setting a firm intention for Best Possible Outcomes. Just remember this when you go to bed tonight. Things can go well, they can be simple, some hospitals and doctors make life easy, and there is a whole lot of good around. I need to swallow the self same medicine. Wishing you well, BE!

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Mum looks well, its like nothing had happened! Only thing is that on the letter home they said mum presented with breathing problems and a night cough, who mentioned a cough, i didn't, yes she may have coughed once or twice when she was there but that was all, so why did they say she had one?