• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

mums house


Registered User
Nov 4, 2015
We've sold mams house and she is down sizing to a bungalow so as you can imagine as excited as she is she is also scared and worried about the stress. Mums new house needs some adaptations to this, such as the gas hob out and the electric in. Do any of you know if we can get funding with this? or she has to self fund?



Registered User
Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Sometimes funding is available for necessary adaptations but it will depend on your mum's financial circumstances. Contact your local council or check their website. Councils do seem to vary in their approach but I have read a few posts on here where there has been a considerable delay delay getting these type of grants approved, so be sure to ask about timescales.