Mums gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone not been here for a while my darling mum passed away 10/11/2016 very peacefully
I'm going to miss mum terribly but I know she's at peace now hopefully with Dad
i will keep dipping in to see how people are doing but just want to say a huge thankyou to everyone who has supported me with kind words and good advice I hope you all have the best Christmas you can have ,sending you and your loved ones love and best wishes
stay strong (so hard)
Cry (it's ok)
Get annoyed (only natural)
Guilt monster( don't let it eat
You)
In time the bad memories fade
And we will only remember
Good and happy times
Take care
Annie

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Yes, it's good to know that she's at peace - but that doesn't lessen your own loss or grief, especially at this time of year, when we are bombarded with images of the idealistic "happy family". Be very kind to yourself. xx

chellebowen

Nov 12, 2015
Essex
Hi Annie,

I am really sorry for your loss of your mum specially at this time of year.

I lost my mum last October to this illness and it is horrible.

As you say stay strong and in a weird way things get easier. I think for me it was knowng she was not stuck in the room where she was bed bound and not being able to get around and at such a young age as she was only 53.

I believe now she is looking down watching me and seeing all the stages of my life I am embarking on.

Take care :)

xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi Anniebell
sorry to read your sad news - my condolences to you
even with a peaceful end it's so hard to lose our mum
so as LadyA says go gently and take care of yourself
I'm glad TP is a support to you; do keep us up to date
best wishes

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Yes, it's good to know that she's at peace - but that doesn't lessen your own loss or grief, especially at this time of year, when we are bombarded with images of the idealistic "happy family". Be very kind to yourself. xx

LadyA
Thankyou it's going to be hard at Christmas I'm going to miss mum so much she's been my number one priority for the last few years I'm completely lost without her I have a lovely supportive family my hubby is my rock my two gorgeous grandchildren 6 and 8 I'm sure will bring a smile to my face but it won't be the same without mum
Take Care
Annie

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Hi Annie,

I am really sorry for your loss of your mum specially at this time of year.

I lost my mum last October to this illness and it is horrible.

As you say stay strong and in a weird way things get easier. I think for me it was knowng she was not stuck in the room where she was bed bound and not being able to get around and at such a young age as she was only 53.

I believe now she is looking down watching me and seeing all the stages of my life I am embarking on.

Take care :)

xx

Chellebowen
So sorry to hear about your mum and at such a young age my mum was the same bed bound and your right you do take comfort from knowing they are not suffering that anymore and Ido hope they are looking down on us I told my son that nan will always be with us every step of the way for the rest of our lives and she won't miss any special times
Times a great healer they say and things get easier doesn't feel like it right now but I know it will
I'm sending you a big hug thanks for taking the time to reply
Take Care
Annie

chellebowen

Nov 12, 2015
Essex
Annie,

Its horrible to see isn't it and you feel sometimes why are you going through this as that person does not deserve this pain.

That is very nice and comforting for your son and I do believe she is watching and so proud of you all.

It is so hard and sometimes not wanting to accept what has happened, but I just try to relive some of the moments I had and do great things that I know she is watching over me.

Even though its going to be very hard but have a lovely Christmas... Make it a good one in memory of your mum
x

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
hi Anniebell
sorry to read your sad news - my condolences to you
even with a peaceful end it's so hard to lose our mum
so as LadyA says go gently and take care of yourself
I'm glad TP is a support to you; do keep us up to date
best wishes
Shedrech
Thankyou I will pop in from time to time and your right it's so hard loosing our mum the person that truly unconditionally loved us l lost my Dad over 3 years ago I was devastated but this feels different
Take Care
Annie

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Annie,

Its horrible to see isn't it and you feel sometimes why are you going through this as that person does not deserve this pain.

That is very nice and comforting for your son and I do believe she is watching and so proud of you all.

It is so hard and sometimes not wanting to accept what has happened, but I just try to relive some of the moments I had and do great things that I know she is watching over me.

Even though its going to be very hard but have a lovely Christmas... Make it a good one in memory of your mum
x

I hope you have a lovely Christmas too we will take a walk down memory lane raise a glass and a smile
Annie x

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Annie, I'm sorry to read your news. Please accept my condolences on the death of your mother. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Best wishes.

pmukena

Apr 7, 2021
Hey Annie, I've just signed up to this Alzheimer forum and come across your messages, I am so sorry for your loss. I' am trying to learn a little more about Alzheimers and its influence on family ect.
I would greatly appreciate having a chat with you.
I hope you are keeping safe during this time
best wishes,

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @pmukena and welcome to DTP
Please be aware that this is an old thread. Annies mum passed away 5 years ago and she hasnt been on the forum for 4 years, so I doubt that you will get a reply from her.

You would be much better off starting a new thread of your own, so that you can chat and ask questions with current members.
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968