Mum's fought her last battle.

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
It's with very mixed emotions I tell you that my lovely Mum passed away just before 9am this morning with me holding her hand.

There will be a big hole in our family & it's sad she will not be able to see her great-grandchildren grow but her quality of life was getting worse by the day as she had lost most of her long term memory & her sense of self. Her end when it came was mercifully quick. She had a strong Christian faith & I hope that she has reached the paradise her religion promised. May she rest in eternal peace.

My thanks to everyone who has given me support over the dementia years. Forgive me if I am absent from TP for a while - but I will look in from time to time once the grief subsides.

Love
Mo
x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to read this but pleased you were able to hold her hand through her final journey. My deepest sympathies at this sad time.

TP is always here for you whenever you feel ready.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Mo, I am sorry to read your sad news that your mum has died. My sincere condolences.

turbo

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Mo, I am so very sorry. You must be feeling so very sad.
I am relieved for both your mother, and for you, that the passing was at least quick and that she is now at peace.
I am sending you sympathy and love. x

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Mo, I am so sorry to read this, I really am.

Thinking of you and please look after yourself.

xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Mo, my condolences to you and your family.

I understand how you feel a need for a break. You need time to yourself now, to grieve and to heal. We're here if you want us.

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Maureen

I'm so sorry to hear this, even though I did know it was likely, I had no idea it would be so quick. I'm glad that it was quick though, and that you were there with her.

I'll miss seeing her at the CH. She was like a little extension of our family when we visited.

Thinking of you. You know where I am when you're ready xxx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I am so sorry for your loss, I wish you strength to cope with the times ahead.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. It was good you were there to hold her hand. Sending you my condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come.

geum123

May 20, 2009
Dear Mo,
I'm so sorry to read that your Mum has passed away.
Please accept my condolences.

Geum xxx