Mums Crying Aot

Springy12

Apr 27, 2014
Warrington
Hello. This last week my mum seems to be crying all the time. When I am at work I ring up at Lunch to see how she is and they she has been upset today. When we go in and visit her sometimes she is crying when we get there and other times she does it while we are there. Today she said her head is muddled up and she can't work out what is now and what is in the past. Don't know if that means she is still aware of things and is a good thing or not??
I asked the doctor if they could do anything and they said they can't put her anti depressants because of her Parkinsons- surely there must be something we can do to help her.??

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sorry, can understand, my mum was exactly like this at the beginning of the year, Upping her then anti depressant did not help much, but changing them did. Maybe her gp would look at changing them.

Kazsul

Sep 13, 2015
North somerset
My Mum has been like this over the last 2 months and it's taking about 45 minutes before we can calm her again. She can't seem to tell me why she is crying but then on other occasions it seems that she is acting like a spoilt child. It's very distressing for my Dad who has been quite poorly lately. They are both in their 80s. I've tried leaving her, coaxing her, being angry with her and nothing works until she is ready to stop.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Hello. This last week my mum seems to be crying all the time. When I am at work I ring up at Lunch to see how she is and they she has been upset today. When we go in and visit her sometimes she is crying when we get there and other times she does it while we are there. Today she said her head is muddled up and she can't work out what is now and what is in the past. Don't know if that means she is still aware of things and is a good thing or not??
I asked the doctor if they could do anything and they said they can't put her anti depressants because of her Parkinsons- surely there must be something we can do to help her.??

Sorry Springy, I misread your last paragraph. I thought it was gp cannot 'up' her anti depressants, when actually it was 'put her on' anti depressants.

Springy12

Apr 27, 2014
Warrington
Thanks

My Mum has been like this over the last 2 months and it's taking about 45 minutes before we can calm her again. She can't seem to tell me why she is crying but then on other occasions it seems that she is acting like a spoilt child. It's very distressing for my Dad who has been quite poorly lately. They are both in their 80s. I've tried leaving her, coaxing her, being angry with her and nothing works until she is ready to stop.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point
Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear you are going through something similar.
I rang the hospital today to see how she was- I was going out with my very neglected husband today so not going to the hospital, but sister was going- anyway when I rang they said she had been tearful and wanted to speak to me, so they put her on the phone and she burst into tears. Definitely speaking to the doctor tomorrow

Springy12

Apr 27, 2014
Warrington
Thanks

Sorry Springy, I misread your last paragraph. I thought it was gp cannot 'up' her anti depressants, when actually it was 'put her on' anti depressants.

I am definitely speaking the doctor tomorrow as she has been in tears again today.
She said she is going to be put in a care home and never see anyone or her cats again.
We are waiting for a bed in intermediate care so don't know what is happening yet, but obviously mum is worried about what is going to happen.