Mums council tenancy

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
It hits home hard when family members abandon their loved ones even more so when it is their mum!!!! We, as carers need the support and I think your brother will regret it ! That must make you pretty much on your own think I would be angry too in your shoes . I haven't got much family here as I am from Germany originally ! Been here over 25 years though. Got 2 sons and daughter in laws here and 2 gorgeous grandchildren ! I am trying not to get them involved as they are working and have children look after. We do things together like bbqs outings and meals ! Also have sleepovers with the grandkids :) here's some pics ImageUploadedByTalking Point1425559182.752309.jpgthis is Mia and charlie ImageUploadedByTalking Point1425559240.268834.jpg! Glad I am only 52 lol or they would give me the run around !!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Your grandchildren are gorgeous...part of me regrets not having children and another part is glad so they don't have to live through all of this.

Being German I bet you do great potato pancakes :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Your grandchildren are gorgeous...part of me regrets not having children and another part is glad so they don't have to live through all of this.

Being German I bet you do great potato pancakes :)

I can lol ;) getting nippy out there now but we had a beautiful day! Got lots of washing done and dried outside . Mind that leaves lots of dreaded ironing!!!!!! How is mum today ? Xxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Not sure how mum is at the mo as she is rarely up when I leave for work...I expect to go home to a home with food smeared all over the place. She likes to hide bits of her breakfast and lunch behind the trunk on the landing...no idea why

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Not sure how mum is at the mo as she is rarely up when I leave for work...I expect to go home to a home with food smeared all over the place. She likes to hide bits of her breakfast and lunch behind the trunk on the landing...no idea why

Kazza you got to get yourself some help!!!! You can't keep up working and coming home to such difficulties! I really feel for you ! You being all on your own with this too . Wish I could help you my lovely! That brother of your needs a kick up the ..... Much love to you xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Bless you chick...yes I hate my brother more than words could describe...help is coming, but it just all takes a bit of time

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Bless you chick...yes I hate my brother more than words could describe...help is coming, but it just all takes a bit of time

So glad help is on its way as I am worried about you Kazza! Xxxxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Things are just slow at materialising...partly my fault so to speak though as I am unable to multitask these days. I feel overwhelmed if I have too many things to organise for mum on top of my job. It's like my brain is dying too...I know it's not, but it feels that way at times...my cats keep me going...I'm glad I have them :) on the upside I'm a huge towie fan for my sins and it's back on the tv...trash tv rocks lol

Last edited:

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
I agree with you about trash tv, any port in a storm when you need to take your mind off of real life.

My thoughts are with you.

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I agree with you about trash tv, any port in a storm when you need to take your mind off of real life.

My thoughts are with you.

Thanks pottingshed...I'll get through it I'm sure....I might start getting into the real housewives shows too...the more rubbish to watch the better :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hiya Kazza, late calling in ! We ve been out n about today, sitting outside cafe, watching the world go by slurping a lovely cappuccino ;) Suns out and it's a gorgeous day! Wish the wind blow u this way and you could join us ! Hope your day isent too bad ?! Love from me

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Hi chick..,glad you're having a good day. The sunshine makes such a difference doesn't it. I have the day off today. Was supposed to go out tonight hence the days holiday but one of the people has cancelled as off sick from work all week. A bit miffed as they should have cancelled earlier...getting frustrated as I have asked people before to give me more notice for things as it takes a fair bit of planning for me to have an evening out on a weeknight. Just a bit fed up and disappointed. I'll get over it been listening to LBC this afternoon, they've been covering dementia...can't believe how common it's getting

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chick..,glad you're having a good day. The sunshine makes such a difference doesn't it. I have the day off today. Was supposed to go out tonight hence the days holiday but one of the people has cancelled as off sick from work all week. A bit miffed as they should have cancelled earlier...getting frustrated as I have asked people before to give me more notice for things as it takes a fair bit of planning for me to have an evening out on a weeknight. Just a bit fed up and disappointed. I'll get over it been listening to LBC this afternoon, they've been covering dementia...can't believe how common it's getting

Yes , you hear a lot more about dementia now a days. Wish they would put more money in for dementia as we all could do with more support! Sorry your night out got cancelled and at such short notice too! That's a bummer !!!! Can't you just ring a friend and see if they would join you , even if it's only a drink down the pub? Xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I think I'm going to out my life on hold until mum is in a care home. This has pros and cons...I'll have freedom but I know I'm going to feel guilty and worry about potential abuse....scared. That's a massive fear of mine. Maybe a lot of it is propaganda...could sleep right now...but if I try she won't let me lol.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
It's a difficult one. Think I would be a little scared too about abuse in care homes . Luckily it's still very rare and they have a lot more visits from auditors since some cases have made the news. I think there comes a time where we just can't keep our loved ones safe anymore or manage the dementia behaviour and professionals have to take over! It's sad but also reality xxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I have to clean mums room to
Tomorrow....dreading it. The smell is unholy but it had to be done. I wear a mask and use a couple of drops of olbas oil, it helps disguise the smell giving me chance to get the floor cleaned and bedding sorted....I can't even describe the smell, putrid is a start. Mum would be horrified if she had any clarity :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I have to clean mums room to
Tomorrow....dreading it. The smell is unholy but it had to be done. I wear a mask and use a couple of drops of olbas oil, it helps disguise the smell giving me chance to get the floor cleaned and bedding sorted....I can't even describe the smell, putrid is a start. Mum would be horrified if she had any clarity :(

I can't imagine what that must be like ! you deserve a star xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I'm sure each and every one of us I here will go through something like this at some point. I really feel for those who have two parents with dementia, that must be unbelievably hard...I'm drowning with just one....I really want to sleep now :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I'm sure each and every one of us I here will go through something like this at some point. I really feel for those who have two parents with dementia, that must be unbelievably hard...I'm drowning with just one....I really want to sleep now :(

Your probably right just go and have a snooze sending hug xx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
It's a luxury I can't have, mum will wreak havoc if I go for a nap...happens every time, although she's hassling me cos she wants to go to bed now so I'm trying to persuade her to stay up a bit longer so she can have some dinner...here's hoping