Mums council tenancy

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Thanks izzy...I'm sure she'll be ok, she's a tough lady, I just wish people wouldn't stare when she says weird things or acts in a way not considered normal, I mean, dementia is becoming more and more widespread so unfortunately it is becoming quite usual. I once knew a girl whose sister was only 38 and had dementia...along with MND. Was pretty tragic to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thanks izzy...I'm sure she'll be ok, she's a tough lady, I just wish people wouldn't stare when she says weird things or acts in a way not considered normal, I mean, dementia is becoming more and more widespread so unfortunately it is becoming quite usual. I once knew a girl whose sister was only 38 and had dementia...along with MND. Was pretty tragic to say the least

Hiya Kazza how is mum? Any more news yet? Hope you are ok xx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Hi chick

I had 4 phone calls from various hospital staff between 9 and 12 today all telling me the exact same thing...that they're discharging her. I asked 3 times for her not to be brought home before 3 as that's the earliest I could get there for...white lie, I got home at 235 but only because I wanted to vacuum and tidy as I didn't get to do it yesterday. 238pm the bell goes....I wanted to scream, in fact I did, my life is just constant rushing around and I am tired of it. Feel very let down by the majority of my friends too...they're all disappearing slowly but surely. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. How's your day going so far? Hope you and hubby are having a good day :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chick

I had 4 phone calls from various hospital staff between 9 and 12 today all telling me the exact same thing...that they're discharging her. I asked 3 times for her not to be brought home before 3 as that's the earliest I could get there for...white lie, I got home at 235 but only because I wanted to vacuum and tidy as I didn't get to do it yesterday. 238pm the bell goes....I wanted to scream, in fact I did, my life is just constant rushing around and I am tired of it. Feel very let down by the majority of my friends too...they're all disappearing slowly but surely. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. How's your day going so far? Hope you and hubby are having a good day :)

Do you have any help Kazza? And forgive me for asking any respite as I truly think you need a bit of a break bless? Had Crossroads here today and the lady was lovely! She even offered the odd night of an all night carer on ad hoc so I don't even have to pay! Maybe you could get that too ?! It's not regular but it would be great to have a full night sleep every now and then. I am real sorry you are having such a tough time xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I also have some concerns re her mobility, she's very unsteady on her feet....how the heck can I leave her like this when I go to work tomorrow?

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I also have some concerns re her mobility, she's very unsteady on her feet....how the heck can I leave her like this when I go to work tomorrow?

Exactly get on to SS out of hours as she needs a new assessment ! They do emergency cover and can send a carer for tomorrow until you can do a new care plan into place xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I know mum should be in a care home but I'm terrified of being made homeless, also scared of how mum will adapt and I really don't want to be moving around every 6-12 months on different leases like a Aussie on a work visa :( i just need a permanent home even if it means paying private rental

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I know mum should be in a care home but I'm terrified of being made homeless, also scared of how mum will adapt and I really don't want to be moving around every 6-12 months on different leases like a Aussie on a work visa :( i just need a permanent home even if it means paying private rental

Ahhhh bless I would approach the council and tell them your predicament . They won't make you homeless Kazza honestly! They help you to find alternatives or place you in another council dwelling in your own right! It happened to a friend of mine. They gave him time and put him forward to a housing association where she now has a lovely place xxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Let hope. I hate the thought of mum going into a care home. I know she drives me mad but that doesn't stop me wanting to keep her safe...I don't know what the heck she's talking about at the mo, she's chatting away at the tv...can't help wondering how scary it all must be for her and every other dementia sufferer. What a cruel disease

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Let hope. I hate the thought of mum going into a care home. I know she drives me mad but that doesn't stop me wanting to keep her safe...I don't know what the heck she's talking about at the mo, she's chatting away at the tv...can't help wondering how scary it all must be for her and every other dementia sufferer. What a cruel disease

It's very cruel and heartbreaking as we love our close ones! Of course you want to keep her safe ! I had a social worker telling me that in order for them to support, a crisis has to happen! I was outraged as I would never ever put my husband at crisis point! I wish I could help you with your decisions! All I can say go with what your gut feeling is telling you. You know your mum best . I do know though too that one day John will have to go into a home to be cared for by professionals and to keep him safe I feel guilty just thinking about it but deep inside I know the time will come. Much love to you Kazza ❤️❤️

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I feel for you...it must be worse when the person slipping away is a spouse or partner :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I feel for you...it must be worse when the person slipping away is a spouse or partner :(

I think we are all in the same boat or journey and I am always looking for that bit of positive, even if it's tiny .i have a tread on here called positives lol . Most of the times I take day by day and we still have wonderful days . No one can predict what will happen and everyone's journey is so different. The nice thing is TP as we can share, support and sometimes vent with ppl who understand and are none judgemental :) hope mum is alright tonight so you can get a bit of sleep xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Mum was in bed before 7pm. Have just discovered my mums meds haven't come home from the hospital with her AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. I need this on top of all the other running around I have to do

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Hospital reckon they are sending someone out with her meds...if they're not here soon I'm off to bed. I've been nothing but short with people today, I don't mean to be but I'm just so tired and have pretty much had enough for one day and she's not asleep, banging and crashing up there again. She's going to drive me to my grave at this rate

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hospital reckon they are sending someone out with her meds...if they're not here soon I'm off to bed. I've been nothing but short with people today, I don't mean to be but I'm just so tired and have pretty much had enough for one day and she's not asleep, banging and crashing up there again. She's going to drive me to my grave at this rate

I know how you feel, sleep deprivation is the worst' many a times I feel exhausted and dog tired! X

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Kept hitting snooze this morning lol, but then one of the cats had enough and jump on me and purred until I got up. Just having a coffee now to trey and wake up. My whole body aches. My back is not too bad this morning though as I've discovered the benefits of sleeping in a thermaheat wrap...they're great so if you ever have lower back pain....they're the things to get :) towie is back on the tv so I have some trashy tv to watch as a bit of an escape

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Kept hitting snooze this morning lol, but then one of the cats had enough and jump on me and purred until I got up. Just having a coffee now to trey and wake up. My whole body aches. My back is not too bad this morning though as I've discovered the benefits of sleeping in a thermaheat wrap...they're great so if you ever have lower back pain....they're the things to get :) towie is back on the tv so I have some trashy tv to watch as a bit of an escape

Hiya Kazza, how are you this morning and how is mum? X

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I am shattered again. Came home to find puddles of tea all over the living room floor and I mean a full cup, not just accidental spillage and she has been going around in bare feet, nicked her foot and thought it would be a great idea to smear blood in every square foot of the living room as she could. I know she can't help her behaviour but I can't help feeling sometimes that she's spiteful as she only does it of I'm out or not in the room. I really don't like my mum too much and if I'm a bad person for that so be it :(

How are you this morning? Have your managed to get any quality sleep?