Mums council tenancy

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
ImageUploadedByTalking Point1424546458.366777.jpgImageUploadedByTalking Point1424546478.335204.jpg

My boys...my world :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Your Cats are gorgeous. My cats keep me sane in this crazy pantomime I'm currently loving in :)

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Thanks chick...I got to sleep around 2am and woke at 630, as soon as the cats know I'm awake they start to harass until I give in and get up.

Came back to bed around 7am and all I cold hear from mums room was lots of banging and furniture being moved around. For someone who's almost 80 she's got immense strength and a lot of energy. I would love a lie in but hearing the pose from her room has just put me on edge...I have to go into her room once she's up to strip her bed....the smell is hard to combat. Last week was horrendous, I found several stools under her bed....this is not something I signed up for :(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Do you tend to get a good nights sleep or is it dependant on the day?

This is my 5th night where I gave up sleep at 3am as hubby gets up at least 4 times a night! Sleep deprivation is the worst!!! Hubby eventually goes to sleep at 5 am but I find "stage" sleeping very hard xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thanks chick...I got to sleep around 2am and woke at 630, as soon as the cats know I'm awake they start to harass until I give in and get up.

Came back to bed around 7am and all I cold hear from mums room was lots of banging and furniture being moved around. For someone who's almost 80 she's got immense strength and a lot of energy. I would love a lie in but hearing the pose from her room has just put me on edge...I have to go into her room once she's up to strip her bed....the smell is hard to combat. Last week was horrendous, I found several stools under her bed....this is not something I signed up for :(

Casper and willow where waiting for me at 3am to be let out lol gotta love them xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone

Oh drear bless you ! John is still fine going to the bathroom phew . That must be extremely hard on you xxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I have come home to mess smeared all over the bathroom wall before...grim.y social worker has the se issue with her mother strangely and I've been told by someone who once worked as a carer obsession with 'mess' is quite common :(

Before the Alzheimer's diagnosis mums COPD would result in at least one annual stay in hospital of around 2 weeks. Since diagnosis she had not had one single stay...it's like she's never been fitter.

I think at this rate I'm going to be in the ground long before her

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Very similar , my John has also copd and epilepsy and is prone to mini strokes but he is not as far on his journey as your mum bless. He has capacity still just gets muddled and confused at times. Sundowning and no sleep at night are my problems xxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Oh great....she's up. I wonder what the day has in store, she'll be full of energy though, that's a certainty. I back and ribs are killing me right now. I am definitely getting out of my own for a couple of hours later, friends haven't been that great to be honest, I guess that's what happens, people are scared of the problem

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Bless you, sorry I just saw your message on being up several times a night, you must be exhausted. One evening around 3 years ago while I was out with some friends I received a phone call from my neighbour (around 830pm). My mum was trying to get into their house and when my neighbour opened the door to mum she brought her in but mum was going on about a party at our house and she has to leave cos it was too noisy???!!!!!! Sun downing in a crazy thing. One you start getting carers in that will help a little bet...it won't mean you get a good nights sleepy but they might be able to help with his washing and dressing which will take some of the pressing off you.

Mums still not come downstairs yet, just footsteps and banging....

I'm 42 but ageing rapidly. If I am lucky enough to succeed the tenancy one day I might have enough put by down cosmetic surgery to undo the damage this situation has done lol, one has to laugh or I'll crack up

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh I so agree I am 52 looking like 70 !! Think 80 this morning but got the poly filler out ( make up ) so damage limitation !!! . My hubby is 65 bless. I know what you mean about friends they fall away along this journey! Can't remember when I had a good night out! We live in this surreal world where anything can happen, a mad hatters tea party ! I do hope you get a less stressful day , thinking of you xx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I went up to see what all the banging and crashing was about....she said she fell and was too scared to come downstairs. I told her to sit down for a whole until she felt less shaky and to call me when she wants to come down, she won't remember that so I will have to keep my ears open

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I went up to see what all the banging and crashing was about....she said she fell and was too scared to come downstairs. I told her to sit down for a whole until she felt less shaky and to call me when she wants to come down, she won't remember that so I will have to keep my ears open

Catch up with you later Kazza as I got my 2 sons, 2 daughter in laws and 2 lovely gorgeous grandchildren coming round for roast dinner. Hang on in there my lovely much love to you xxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Good morning to you . Hope the day was not too bad for you yesterday ?! Our family meal was lovely and grandchildren a delight ❤️! Quiet day today but looking forward to it as it was a busy weekend . How are you this morning ? Xx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Hi chick...dramas yesterday. Mum fell and hit her head, even though she didn't want to, I took her to hospital. They kept her in overnight, she keep stripping off though, not sure where this latest habit has come from. Anyhow, they will scan her head today just to make sure, they plan to discharge her later today, didn't sleep properly lady night, I kept having odd dreams....shattered but need to get ready for work in a mo, just need a coffee to wake me up a bit :) how are you today? Glad you had a nice Sunday. Long gone are the days where my mothers grandchildren visit...the money has stopped being handed over you see, very grasping are my brothers lot, sad way to be

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chick...dramas yesterday. Mum fell and hit her head, even though she didn't want to, I took her to hospital. They kept her in overnight, she keep stripping off though, not sure where this latest habit has come from. Anyhow, they will scan her head today just to make sure, they plan to discharge her later today, didn't sleep properly lady night, I kept having odd dreams....shattered but need to get ready for work in a mo, just need a coffee to wake me up a bit :) how are you today? Glad you had a nice Sunday. Long gone are the days where my mothers grandchildren visit...the money has stopped being handed over you see, very grasping are my brothers lot, sad way to be

Oh noooo , so sorry to hear your mums in hospital ! Hope she ll recover quickly bless. Lots of stress you could do without , my friend . Sending big hugs to you . Plz let me know how you are later, after work! Thinking of you xxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976